Android wear update

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Come get the latest version... If you don't like waiting for playstore updates..

Android Wear 1.1.1.1867902 APK Download - APKMirror

uploadfromtaptalk1429697691131.png

Android Wear App v1.1 Rolls Out With An Updated Look Multiple Watch Support Cloud Sync Over Wi-Fi And Calendars From Any Account APK Download

Tapped by NexusSix

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thank you sir!

Aside from this main screen when you first update, the main screen of the app looks slightly different and the settings menu for the watch seems to have been compacted a bit.

Haven't noticed anything much different on the watch yet this morning, but I just installed this update. Looking forward to playing with it throughout the day.

No wifi on the G watch, so I won't be able to test that functionality.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I downloaded this and before I could even install it, my phone told me there was an update for Android Wear. Installed.
A couple things:
- The phone asks right away if you want to use Fit, as shown in the attachment in the OP. Could this be the thing we've wanted re: turning off Fit completely to use NO battery? Let's see if it uses any battery life.
- As for the Watch using WiFi, one question many have asked, do both devices need to be on the same Wifi? Answer: No. It somehow synchs through Google servers to keep the devices connected. Pretty amazing if it works well. Will it really be fast enough if my phone gets a call from one place to tell me on my Watch over wifi if my watch is somewhere else? I turned this on but as we know, our watches don't support it (G WATCH).
- More granular control over Calendar notices sent to watch. Pretty cool.
- Much better tutorial. I thought it was neat if showed a watch that looks like my G in the tutorial. Curious if they are all square or if it will show a round one for a 360 owner.
- The Football score in the tutorial? 80-78? Wow! Like to see that game! :D

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Oops. Be careful playing with the Cloud feature. When I turned mine off:
IMG_20150422_145558560.jpg

I will say, setting up the Watch is much nicer now. It comes up on the phone and says: SYNCHING YOUR APPS, instead of "secretly" doing it in the background...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Must be. Seems like a real chicken before the egg and horse before the cart situation.

I know that Google has stated that wifi won't work until the manufacturers unlock it with software, so I guess it would make sense that this could be the same, even though it already reacts to tilt to wake if you've got it enabled.

I'm also not seeing the ability to draw emoji, so basically we got a more Materialized AW app on our phones with slightly different menu options at this point.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I downloaded this and before I could even install it, my phone told me there was an update for Android Wear. Installed.
A couple things:
- The phone asks right away if you want to use Fit, as shown in the attachment in the OP. Could this be the thing we've wanted re: turning off Fit completely to use NO battery? Let's see if it uses any battery life.
- As for the Watch using WiFi, one question many have asked, do both devices need to be on the same Wifi? Answer: No. It somehow synchs through Google servers to keep the devices connected. Pretty amazing if it works well. Will it really be fast enough if my phone gets a call from one place to tell me on my Watch over wifi if my watch is somewhere else? I turned this on but as we know, our watches don't support it (G WATCH).
- More granular control over Calendar notices sent to watch. Pretty cool.
- Much better tutorial. I thought it was neat if showed a watch that looks like my G in the tutorial. Curious if they are all square or if it will show a round one for a 360 owner.
- The Football score in the tutorial? 80-78? Wow! Like to see that game! :D
If you are familiar with Splashtop remotely connecting your mobile device to your desktop, it's the same thing. You connect remotely by turning on the app, it connects to the Google server and passes through on the way to/from the device and desktop. It was a must have app when I used to have an iPad and wanted to do anything more task intensive than checking my email, playing games, etc.
The only caveat is both will need to be connected to some sort of Wi-Fi (or data network) and powered on.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Must be. Seems like a real chicken before the egg and horse before the cart situation.

I know that Google has stated that wifi won't work until the manufacturers unlock it with software, so I guess it would make sense that this could be the same, even though it already reacts to tilt to wake if you've got it enabled.

I'm also not seeing the ability to draw emoji, so basically we got a more Materialized AW app on our phones with slightly different menu options at this point.
I'm thinking that Google just opened the door with AW for our watches to do more. And now we all need watch OS updates to use those new doorways. Seems that way at least.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you are familiar with Splashtop remotely connecting your mobile device to your desktop, it's the same thing. You connect remotely by turning on the app, it connects to the Google server and passes through on the way to/from the device and desktop. It was a must have app when I used to have an iPad and wanted to do anything more task intensive than checking my email, playing games, etc.
The only caveat is both will need to be connected to some sort of Wi-Fi (or data network) and powered on.
And that's why I am not too worried about not having WiFi on my watch. Its cool that Google is enhancing AW, sounds great to me. Keep the updates coming. But I doubt I would ever use it even if I had it. Where I work= no WiFi. So there are 10 hours a day I couldn't use it. Walk with kids & dog every day after work, have the phone with me anyhow for emergencies (and I don't want my watch scanning neighbors houses for unsecured WiFi). So that leaves home WiFi. If I am at home I have to try hard to disconnect phone & watch now....mine stay connected way more than 35 feet away. Its a great feature, just not sure that I would even use it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And that's why I am not too worried about not having WiFi on my watch. Its cool that Google is enhancing AW, sounds great to me. Keep the updates coming. But I doubt I would ever use it even if I had it. Where I work= no WiFi. So there are 10 hours a day I couldn't use it. Walk with kids & dog every day after work, have the phone with me anyhow for emergencies (and I don't want my watch scanning neighbors houses for unsecured WiFi). So that leaves home WiFi. If I am at home I have to try hard to disconnect phone & watch now....mine stay connected way more than 35 feet away. Its a great feature, just not sure that I would even use it.
I hear ya . I don't religiously put my S on Remote Connect before leaving my phone behind but it's nice to have. I actually turned it off of auto remotely connect because it got annoying getting notifications all the time. Kayaking season is back. Fishing season is back.
Constant connection with my phone season is over.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I hear ya . I don't religiously put my S on Remote Connect before leaving my phone behind but it's nice to have. I actually turned it off of auto remotely connect because it got annoying getting notifications all the time. Kayaking season is back. Fishing season is back.
Constant connection with my phone season is over.
But your watch has its own Sim card / network connectivity right? So you don't have to be connected to WiFi to stay synced....correct? That's the limitation of a WiFi connection in my mind. If I am out fishing and have no WiFi and left my phone at home....then my watch is still just a watch.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just downloaded the update. As others have stated...the app looks different, settings are rearranged a bit. Kind of a material design style look. So far so good, now waiting for a watch update to try out some of the new features.