Android wear update

Discussion in 'Watches (Android Wear, Tizen/Samsung, etc)' started by bkdodger, Apr 22, 2015.

1. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +965
    Like I said, Google decides how you should use your watch and doesn't give you options to change settings.

I'm getting a battery warning at 30% now (why?!?), and cannot disable auto power saving features at 15%. But the latest annoying thing, which appears to be new, is it asks me to re-enter my pin AT LEAST once every 24 hours, and it didn't used to so long as it remained on your wrist.

And then it insists on placing an annoying notification on my watch screen (which also doesn't appear to be able to turn off) informing me of one of the above issues. I don't want your stupid little notification icons on the beautiful watchface I spent so much time creating.

Grrrrr.....this kind of stuff is why we had to root our phones way back when.

2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,531
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I don't wear my watch that often these days because of my new line of work, but I don't think I've noticed any battery saving setting. I also like to charge it beyond 30% or so.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#770 Jonny Kansas, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +8,872
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z Force - The Last Droid
    What watch are you using currently? Did it receive a new Wear OS update?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +965
    Huawei Watch 2 Classic. It seems to autoupdate itself frequently. These are all changes I've noticed in the past month or so. I guess the first battery warning used to be 40% instead of 30%, so I suppose that's an improvement.

I've also found some additional settings buried deep in the individual aps menu (but I'm not sure if these do anything yet). I think this is new. There were some basic settings and permissions before, but now it seems more involved.

Off topic, but the same thing happened with my phone. When my battery gets down to 15%, a notification comes on and you can't prevent it or dismiss it, along with an icon in the status bar that you can't make go away. I'm rooted and don't get system updates, so something they pushed thru a playstore app update.

Google usually gets around to figuring out that, hey, this isn't what everyone wants....but of course that can take them a LONG time.

Search tags for this page
android wear update

best cameras

news