Android tethering FAQ thread

donballz

Reaction score
If everyone was using 20gb a month they would go to limited data for
a pretty price. BUT! if they did that and everyone cancelled their contracts to show of force verizon would make it a standard to give everyone unlimited to use as they please.

We are in a medium here, It all depends on which side makes
the next move and the other side plays accordingly.

With the 123k members we have on this forum we could no doubt make
verizon think twice about implimenting data plans.

They don't care. Plus I think if we even do that I pretty sure most the people are going to ***** about it and just live with it.

umm excuse me..?

Lets see... $100 dollar phone bill on average? times 123 thousand people?

Thats 123 Thousand less dollars Verizon will have a month.

Thats One Million Four Hundred Thousand dollars a year...

But yes, your right... They don't care.

Verizon is 13th (give or take) on the Fortune 500. A million dollars in a year is nothing to them. I work for a top 100 company, trust me they don't even wanna here about the problem if its not at least $1M impact on the quarter. And Verizon is three times larger than we are. They gain so many new members every month that they would likely not even notice.

ETA: I have reviewed your math and realized its actually $12M using your assumptions. No way you are able to move every single member though.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just checked my usage and have 2.2 gigs this month on the LG Ally and .9 gigs on the X.

Last edited by a moderator:

spider210

Reaction score
I use aproximently 10 gig on my X per month

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

abe7333

Reaction score
Well if that's the plan then they better have an option for unlimited data as well. I only tether to my laptop to use this forum, other than that most of my 4gig plus data usage is directly on my phone. That's one of the main reasons I got a smart phone, because I can use as much data as I want and it also replaced my then f***** up laptop (I hate Windows Blue Screen of Death). Although I don't exploit the unlimited data like you 15GB a monthers.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Well I think like att you will grandfather the unlimited plan until you upgrade to lte.

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

abe7333

Reaction score
I use aproximently 10 gig on my X per month

Yup I am on the same page

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

abe7333

Reaction score
Just checked my usage and have 2.2 gigs this month on the LG Ally and .9 gigs on the X. Netflix streaming video must eat megs like a bulimic chick eats candy bars before she heads to the bathroom.

Lol

Send from Droid X

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
verizon is supposed to be rolling out lte on november 15th of this year in 20-30 cities. with lte devices rolling out few days later. speed will be between 5-28mbps and price will be tiered data plans similar to att current ones. 3g plans will still have unlimited data options.

abe7333

Reaction score
verizon is supposed to be rolling out lte on november 15th of this year in 20-30 cities. with lte devices rolling out few days later. speed will be between 5-28mbps and price will be tiered data plans similar to att current ones. 3g plans will still have unlimited data options.

5 to 28mbps. Wow. I thought it was 5 to 15?

Send from Droid X

Butthead007

Reaction score
The first LTE devices are for mobile broadband such as usb modems. Your Droid X will not work on LTE. Sorry.

spider210

Reaction score
Data will be tiered and once you upgrade to Ltd service you will lose your Unlimited plan

abe7333

Reaction score
Data will be tiered and once you upgrade to Ltd service you will lose your Unlimited plan

Yup

Send from Droid X

abe7333

Reaction score

But fcc has a limit of five years after that unlimited and move onto new technology

Send from Droid X

DaveShapiro72

Reaction score
Do any of you realize a usb modem with a 5 gb limit from Verizon costs $60.00 a month. So $20.00 extra isn't that bad. Also If you gaming maybe you should try dsl or a cable unlimited bandwith and no battery. If you want to void everything to save $20.00 then go ahead but i can't afford to replace a $500.00 phone to save $20.00. Just my 2 cents.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The $20 is only for 2gb. That is nothing. I could do that in less than a day.