Android tethering FAQ thread

abe7333

Reaction score
Well i'd say prolly around 12-15 gb a month. I spend about 10-15 hours a week playing Cod and BC2.

I would root so you don't have a monthly limit. But that is just my opinion.

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

abe7333

Reaction score
Well i'd say prolly around 12-15 gb a month. I spend about 10-15 hours a week playing Cod and BC2.

It's folks like you that will ruin it for the rest of us

Well buddy with 4g you going to have a monthly limit anyways. But I think according to FCC only for five years. Then they have to move to new technology.

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

carcrazygts2

Reaction score

Actually no its not. It is not my fault I'm using my phone to its utmost ability. I'm also not gonna be walked all over by corporate America over a measly $20 a month. Blame Motorola for adding the feature to the X. It is people like you who corporate America loves because you'll do what they tell you. I am already paying Verizon dearly because of the fact that I have a FULL unlimited nationwide plan with unlimited data. I'm not going to pay them another $20 a month just to link my phone's internet to what ever device I choose to.

Also Verizon is looking into LTE instead of 4g. LTE is faster and more stable, and has a overall better connection than anything that is currently available.

GahhItsLee

Reaction score

Actually no its not. It is not my fault I'm using my phone to its utmost ability. I'm also not gonna be walked all over by corporate America over a measly $20 a month. Blame Motorola for adding the feature to the X. It is people like you who corporate America loves because you'll do what they tell you. I am already paying Verizon dearly because of the fact that I have a FULL unlimited nationwide plan with unlimited data. I'm not going to pay them another $20 a month just to link my phone's internet to what ever device I choose to.

Also Verizon is looking into LTE instead of 4g. LTE is faster and more stable, and has a overall better connection than anything that is currently available.

Not to mention people have been tethering for years. Verizon knows we tether and its thats simple when they want to stop it they will but for now they just dont care enough

carcrazygts2

Reaction score
When rooted there is no limit. but with verizon tethering your limited to 5gb for free using their tethering service even if you have a unlimited data plan.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
When rooted there is no limit. but with verizon tethering your limited to 5gb for free using their tethering service even if you have a unlimited data plan.

Actually it's 2gb... But Data on the Droid is unlimited.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

LTE is verizons verson of 4G. Sprints 4G is called Wi-Max, technically. Sprints 4G is more like a 3.5G it is built on IEEE 802.16 wireless network standard. Not sure what LTE is going to be built on but I know that it will be a lot faster.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

carcrazygts2

Reaction score
LTE is going to be using a communication frequency verizon bought from the FCC. It is a lot higher that what the current cdma frequencies are. The data rate that is attainable is nearly 5x that of our current 3g we have now, What is sad is my friends have EVO's and my browser loads up faster than theres do at the same locations..

abe7333

Reaction score

I would root so you don't have a monthly limit.

What limit? There is no limit on data for the Droid.

If you tether wireless with the hot spot capability unrooted there is a 5gb limit

Send from Droid X

abe7333

Reaction score

LTE is verizons verson of 4G. Sprints 4G is called Wi-Max, technically. Sprints 4G is more like a 3.5G it is built on IEEE 802.16 wireless network standard. Not sure what LTE is going to be built on but I know that it will be a lot faster.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Lte penetrates walls better than 4g. They are totally different technology.

Send from Droid X

abe7333

Reaction score
When is the LTE going to be available?? That sounds amazing

Probably next year. But here in tampa bay in the time of football. Yay

Send from Droid X