Wireless tether apps that work on the Droid 4

r314bd

Reaction score
These wireless tether apps are confirmed to work on the Droid 4 running Android 2.3.6. They do not require a Verizon tethering plan, although you may still see the "Tethering or Mobile Hotspot active" notification.

WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.1-beta11 (root required)

FoxFi (Beta) (root not required)

Last edited:

IK Gamex

Reaction score
"Fail to start Hotspot. Your phone is not yet supported by FoxFi"

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
FoxFi works great for me. Can't seem to get WPA2 to work with it though...

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
FoxFi works great for me. Can't seem to get WPA2 to work with it though...
Someone else mentioned this in another thread and said it started working once he rebooted. Have you tried that?

Reaction score
I kno this app works great I can easily get to work on my wifes droid 2 but my xperia play mustn b compatible bcuz it activates my wifi along with the verizon bull about paying everytime I'm connected from my phone.
R800x using DroidForums

Kas84

Reaction score
I am currently using an app called Open Garden. Works great.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Cegal

Reaction score
Couldn't get open garden to work on my D4, which saddens me because i just upgraded from a HTC Eris that was my baby. The first link works for me...but I found the radius was drastically reduced. Not sure if that's the app or the d4.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
These wireless tether apps are confirmed to work on the Droid 4 running Android 2.3.6. They do not require a Verizon tethering plan, although you may still see the "Tethering or Mobile Hotspot active" notification.

WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.1-beta11 (root required)

FoxFi (Beta) (root not required)

Forget the apps they rarely work get sqlite editor from the market an the open it an scroll down to settings an storage u want the one with the hammer an wrench not the one with the gear icon select it then go to settings.db-- settings--- scroll down till u find entitlement check it should be around value 150 an the change the value in the 3rd column from 1 to 0 then reboot an the select the moblie hotspot an when u set it up make sure u change the dhcp from 192.168.42.2 to 192.168.99.2 or it wont work an then ur done an u can use the stock mobile hotspot an dont need any apps

BriCo84

Reaction score
Holy android gods, if thats true that would be amazing. Can someone else confirm that they have tried this? I am a little hesitant to make such low level changes without confirmation.

Also does this require root access? (i am rooted but others who are not might want to know)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk