Android tethering FAQ thread

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What is sad is my friends have EVO's and my browser loads up faster than theres do at the same locations..
Remember that Sprints 4G is only available in about 40 cities nation wide.
Verizons LTE network will most likely be available next January. That's what I have heard from a verizon rep.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mtz_gto

Reaction score
Well i'd say prolly around 12-15 gb a month. I spend about 10-15 hours a week playing Cod and BC2.

It's folks like you that will ruin it for the rest of us

Actually no its not. It is not my fault I'm using my phone to its utmost ability. I'm also not gonna be walked all over by corporate America over a measly $20 a month. Blame Motorola for adding the feature to the X. It is people like you who corporate America loves because you'll do what they tell you. I am already paying Verizon dearly because of the fact that I have a FULL unlimited nationwide plan with unlimited data. I'm not going to pay them another $20 a month just to link my phone's internet to what ever device I choose to.

Also Verizon is looking into LTE instead of 4g. LTE is faster and more stable, and has a overall better connection than anything that is currently available.

If everyone was using 20gb a month they would go to limited data for
a pretty price. BUT! if they did that and everyone cancelled their contracts to show of force verizon would make it a standard to give everyone unlimited to use as they please.

We are in a medium here, It all depends on which side makes
the next move and the other side plays accordingly.

With the 123k members we have on this forum we could no doubt make
verizon think twice about implimenting data plans.

abe7333

Reaction score
It's folks like you that will ruin it for the rest of us

Actually no its not. It is not my fault I'm using my phone to its utmost ability. I'm also not gonna be walked all over by corporate America over a measly $20 a month. Blame Motorola for adding the feature to the X. It is people like you who corporate America loves because you'll do what they tell you. I am already paying Verizon dearly because of the fact that I have a FULL unlimited nationwide plan with unlimited data. I'm not going to pay them another $20 a month just to link my phone's internet to what ever device I choose to.

Also Verizon is looking into LTE instead of 4g. LTE is faster and more stable, and has a overall better connection than anything that is currently available.

a pretty price. BUT! if they did that and everyone cancelled their contracts to show of force verizon would make it a standard to give everyone unlimited to use as they please.

They don't care. Plus I think if we even do that I pretty sure most the people are going to ***** about it and just live with it.

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lte penetrates walls better than 4g. They are totally different technology.

Yes I know. From what I have heard LTE is going to operate in the 700mhz range. Lower frequencies penetrate walls better.
I heard January next year, but I personally think that we will see LTE around June.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure but I think verizon will be keeping there unlimited plan. They are even testing an unlimited everything plan in Cali. For $99.

mtz_gto

Reaction score

They don't care. Plus I think if we even do that I pretty sure most the people are going to ***** about it and just live with it.

umm excuse me..?

Lets see... $100 dollar phone bill on average? times 123 thousand people?

Thats 123 Thousand less dollars Verizon will have a month.

Thats One Million Four Hundred Thousand dollars a year...

But yes, your right... They don't care.

abe7333

Reaction score
And LTE will be on limited data plans?

Nope they already said no. they are going att way. Like the plans they have now

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

abe7333

Reaction score

umm excuse me..?

So you really think that they follow these forums? But yes I am a 1000% sure that there is going to be on a Limited data plan.

Send from Droid X

mtz_gto

Reaction score

umm excuse me..?

So you really think that they follow these forums? But yes I am a 1000% sure that there is going to be on a data plan.

Send from Droid X

I said active members of this forum.
All we have to do is send a mass email to everyone.
Or just make a popup so it advises them about what's going on
when they log into the site.
Furthermore everyone could donate $5 dollars and we could
make a commercial. It would be caught by news channels worldwide.

Trust me. Power in numbers.

Sent from my Simply Stunning 4.8 Droid 1 with BLAZING 1.25GHz speed using TapaTalkPro.

GahhItsLee

Reaction score
Hmmm an LTE incredible type phone would be amazing with an unlimited plan. (the incredible is my favorite phone)

vatothe0

Reaction score
It's already been announced that they are introducing tiered data plans within 6 months.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well if that's the plan then they better have an option for unlimited data as well. I only tether to my laptop to use this forum, other than that most of my 4gig plus data usage is directly on my phone. That's one of the main reasons I got a smart phone, because I can use as much data as I want and it also replaced my then f***** up laptop (I hate Windows Blue Screen of Death). Although I don't exploit the unlimited data like you 15GB a monthers.

JimK

Reaction score
X-box, PS3, NetFlix, no wonder Verizon is doing away with unlimited data plans.