Am I the only one who thinks the RAZR will be better than the GNex?

tono80

Reaction score
Really. Your first post and it will likely start a flame war.

Are forums some kind of sacred, hierarchical place where only "grand masters" that have accumulated enough posts to immortality can start flames?? LOL.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

nickomatic666

Reaction score
better question

i personally have no problem choosing the motorola droid razr over the nexus. The better question is, razr or htc rezound?

akhi216

Reaction score
i personally have no problem choosing the motorola droid razr over the nexus. The better question is, razr or htc rezound?

Droid RAZR. I like my phone to last more 1 hour.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

DroidHoff

Reaction score
To be honest its about hardware for me and I feel the RAZR is top quality in that department. The complaints about software to me can all be fixed, with the exception of NFC. Face Unlock - been doing this for a while with Visidon from the market and it can be personalized for individual apps and be set to check for "liveness" so someone cant just use a picture of your face. Beam - Bump. The other improvements are in the core android processes aka the camera for example, and the optimizations will make their way onto the RAZR. The new additions to GMAIL are sweet, but they will probably arrive prior to ICS in the form of a market update to gmail. The screen is the biggest differentiating factor for me the size and ppi on the Gnex are sweet but it is not gorilla glass and is pentile, while the RAZR is pentile and doesnt have the PPI density it does have gorilla glass. At this point I feel like I'm leaning toward the RAZR....

Last edited:

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The razr has a pentile screen. Its a differnet type of pentile but its still pentile.

DroidHoff

Reaction score
The razr has a pentile screen. Its a differnet type of pentile but its still pentile.
Thanks I just did a little research on that fact and apparently it is pentile however as you stated it is NOT the same type of pentile found on the BIONIC. Thanks

tono80

Reaction score
Thanks I just did a little research on that fact and apparently it is pentile however as you stated it is NOT the same type of pentile found on the BIONIC. Thanks

Oh wait, what? Really? I was precisely going to return my Bionic for the Razr because of the PenTile screen... I wonder how close is it going to be??

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Oh wait, what? Really? I was precisely going to return my Bionic for the Razr because of the PenTile screen... I wonder how close is it going to be??

It shouldn't be as noticeable since its a different kind and is a AMOLED screen.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't use the term "Better" as obviously its an opinion...lol But as specs go...they are both fast..as most of the past years 1gighz processors are..And as far as the screen goes...I would say the one that is able to be seen in the most variety of situations is the winner...They all look great!
Edit..and yes 1.2 ghz is the specs I believe with dual core..so:) on those
You Juss Been TAPPED! by the drummer...
Another day, yet another flash.....:)

Last edited:

kebeli

Reaction score
I prefer RAZR over Nexus.. I proved it by preordering the RAZR...

Shankville75

Reaction score
Well for me I'm torn between the two. The DX was my first Moto smartphone (coming from HTC) and I love the call quality of Moto phones, however I love the freedom of modding my phone to fit my preference (if I feel the need to). I am NOT a big fan of blur at all and can't see myself being stuck with blur (even with ICS) while waiting on ho-hum custom ROMS due to a locked bootloader. Now if the AUS bootloader unlock tool would work for us then that would be a gamechanger. So for me, its the G-Nex or Vigor (I refuse to call it a Rezound lol). Just my two pennies in on the matter.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Well for me I'm torn between the two. The DX was my first Moto smartphone (coming from HTC) and I love the call quality of Moto phones, however I love the freedom of modding my phone to fit my preference (if I feel the need to). I am NOT a big fan of blur at all and can't see myself being stuck with blur (even with ICS) while waiting on ho-hum custom ROMS due to a locked bootloader. Now if the AUS bootloader unlock tool would work for us then that would be a gamechanger. So for me, its the G-Nex or Vigor (I refuse to call it a Rezound lol). Just my two pennies in on the matter.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Until HTC gets creative I'm not even looking at their phones. They don't exist to me. Everything looks like an EVO.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums