Am I the only one who thinks the RAZR will be better than the GNex?

akhi216

Reaction score
Until HTC gets creative I'm not even looking at their phones. They don't exist to me. Everything looks like an EVO.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

This.

And besides, I like my phones to last more than an hour.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
What are the odds a tool will make the RAZR bootloader unlockable? I really like the GNEX and have started to get a crush on the RAZR but its a big issue to not have a bootloader. I had the OG and got a D2G repleacement and did not realize I was stepping into a boring world... Made a huge difference in my life not being able to flash a ROM a day. just kinda boring. Although I dont think that I will be as involved in the scene as I was a year ago because I have had GREAT success with the GB update for the D2G. I love it now! Android is finally polished enough to compete with the iOS. ICS will be awesome because they have incorporated so many custom features it means they have raised the bar for iOS to compete, and DEVS to get creative all over again! Now see, I just talked myself into both phones. ICS and modding on GNEX and solid working device in the RAZR...

:confused:

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What are the odds a tool will make the RAZR bootloader unlockable? I really like the GNEX and have started to get a crush on the RAZR but its a big issue to not have a bootloader. I had the OG and got a D2G repleacement and did not realize I was stepping into a boring world... Made a huge difference in my life not being able to flash a ROM a day. just kinda boring. Although I dont think that I will be as involved in the scene as I was a year ago because I have had GREAT success with the GB update for the D2G. I love it now! Android is finally polished enough to compete with the iOS. ICS will be awesome because they have incorporated so many custom features it means they have raised the bar for iOS to compete, and DEVS to get creative all over again! Now see, I just talked myself into both phones. ICS and modding on GNEX and solid working device in the RAZR...

:confused:

Very unlikely. Unless Verizon let's up and let's moto unlock it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

throwbot

Reaction score
Hah, people are being way too nice about this war! They are of first both great phones especially when they both have 4.0. I think out would'vE been a lot dirtier in here if it was between the *ph*ne and either of the other two.
Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

crwys

Reaction score
and fail

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

and thanks for agreeing with me :biggrin: That video was quite a fail.

And to actually contribute to the thread.
I don't actually think the Razr is going to be better than the Gnex, it is pretty much how each individual feels about the phones.
Both phones are great, it just depends which one attracts you more.
Don't get a Phone just because it has ICS on it, as it will come to other devices.
The reason I am getting the Razr and not Gnex is because I like the look, build quality, HDMI port is a must for me and this is an assumption but apparently the battery build is similar to the iPhones batter build and iPhones have pretty good battery life. So I think the Razr will have better battery life too, it already has a better battery spec wise, and after putting a custom rom on it, should be amazing.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is just something I thought was fair enough to share...Im very glad to see all of you not falling for all the Hype that comes with these new devices...They are very attractive..But, the only thing we really need to keep in mind is. Tomorrow there will be a new device with higher numbers in the specs, and we will be feeling the sucker punch in the kidneys if we feel we just got ours...lol Being that we are mainly tech or gadget addicts, they sell us on our anticipation.. lol With hitting us with a couple of numbers or fractions of a number difference from what we already have...Truthfully, my opinion is dual core or not dual core...1 ghz or not 1 ghz...Removable storage and power source or non removable ...etc...The rest is trivial nit picking...
Anyway, this is what I tell myself to stop salivating..and yes im sure I missed a few important topics in specs...just figured I would help by agreeing, time and reviews will reveal the truth of how these devices available now, and in the future...Peace! And sorry if this seems of some crazy nonsense..Maybe its just the cold meds? Lol

You Juss Been TAPPED! by the drummer...
Another day, yet another flash.....:)
<&mdash;&mdash;Peace!&mdash;&mdash;>

Reaction score
What are the odds a tool will make the RAZR bootloader unlockable?

Moto released a bootloader unlock tool for overseas RAZRs.

Sent from my DROIDX using my fingers

How does that affect the US model? Could it work for US models? I dont see how the bootloader for the RAZR would be any different for the overseas compared to US. I think of it like a BIOS for a MOBO. it would be the same wouldnt it?

Shankville75

Reaction score
How does that affect the US model? Could it work for US models? I dont see how the bootloader for the RAZR would be any different for the overseas compared to US. I think of it like a BIOS for a MOBO. it would be the same wouldnt it?

From my understanding (and I could be wrong here) but I think it has to do with some type of encryption on the bootloader from the carrier. I'm hoping that a dev with knowledge on the subject could modify the tool to work for the U.S. models. If that's possible, then RAZR would be my pick. #OCCUPY BOOTLOADER LOL!

Sent from my DROIDX using my fingers

S

SFGate

I just wish I had the money and time to try out any phone that comes along. The one I end up with the end is the one I would keep past the return date. With that said, there was nothing wrong with the very first cell phone I ever got. Lots of wasted money over the years.

papatar

Reaction score
I agree with 'droid2drummer' and am basing my decision in a large part on which one has the better screen in direct sunlight. After that its whichever looks/feels right to me. I think I can live just fine with the +/- of either phone. Does anyone know which will be seen better in the sun?

EL Lacost

Reaction score
I agree with 'droid2drummer' and am basing my decision in a large part on which one has the better screen in direct sunlight. After that its whichever looks/feels right to me. I think I can live just fine with the +/- of either phone. Does anyone know which will be seen better in the sun?

Yes i believe the galaxy nexus will have a better and bigger screen and the slightly curved design should help to see it better outdors and it also has a super amoled hd desplay

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

yoopermjm

Reaction score
As I look at the software and the slamming of motoblur accompanied with all the love for ICS, I just have to say that for me, not only is the physical phone from moto far superior in every way, but the software too. Just consider the included and much maligned "motoblur" apps next to the most highly touted ICS updates.

Let's see, I can either have what looks like a truly amazing battery smart actions app which allows me to customize what my phone does based on time of day OR location OR both. Plus an app that lets me stream from either my work or home pc whenever I want to, wherever I am, including the option to move files or stream them whichever I want. PLUS an amazing laptop dock that turns my phone into a satellite lappy while it charges the much feared unreplaceable battery. OR

I can have facial recognition that doesn't always work, and even if it did, I do not want (I much prefer the encryption of the razr combined with a secure unlock motion like I ALREADY HAVE on my OG droid. Plus ICS right now instead of in four months (or six months for that matter). Plus NFC to pay for things with my phone, which I have no desire to do, and/or "touch" my phone with another similarly equipped phone and transfer contacts or files, which I had with Palm years ago and found to be a party trick for the most part. And to be fair, GNex is more workable for custom roms, etc.

And for me the razr hardware was already the deal-breaker, which drew me to moto. Radio. Tough build. Gorilla. Kevlar. Water resist.

It is an easy choice for me.

I think I can understand why others disagree, but for me ICS is just not that impressive, the higher res screen not noticeably better enough, and the wow factor of facial recog. or NFC just seem like fun but essentially useless additions to my real world. I LIKE the moto apps that are included (and if I don't, I will simply hide them). That's why I preordered a razr, and look about every day to check to see if it shipped!

Each to his/her own choice, just explaining mine.

en28so

Reaction score
I have Always liked my motorola phones because of the reception. I have a Droid X and the wife a fascinate. My phone has way better reception and gps. So I hope samsung worked on these issues. We'll see when they are both released. I think the razor might be the winner tho.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums