Razr rooted with Jelly Bean ROM vs stock Razr

angelman

Reaction score
My wife has the original Razr and of late it's been kind of running slow and getting clunky (as Android often seems to do after time).
I was thinking of rooting it and installing a Jelly Bean ROM (since Verizon is taking it's sweet time getting JB to the original Razr).
I did a quick browse of the Razr ROMS and it looks like there are some 4.2 ROMS starting to be available for the OG Razr. Should I expect the performance of these ROMS to be much better than the current stock ICS?
Any suggestions for a vanilla 4.2 ROM for RAZR? Wife doesnt need anything fancy, just stable and fast.

Thanks

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
My wife has the original Razr and of late it's been kind of running slow and getting clunky (as Android often seems to do after time).
I was thinking of rooting it and installing a Jelly Bean ROM (since Verizon is taking it's sweet time getting JB to the original Razr).
I did a quick browse of the Razr ROMS and it looks like there are some 4.2 ROMS starting to be available for the OG Razr. Should I expect the performance of these ROMS to be much better than the current stock ICS?
Any suggestions for a vanilla 4.2 ROM for RAZR? Wife doesnt need anything fancy, just stable and fast.

Thanks
I haven't tried any of the JB Roms, but from my experience it's hard to find a ROM that doesn't have something that doesn't work just right..the camera or something. If you want to pursue a ROM I suggest reading as much as you can from users who have installed and run it. There are some right ups in this forum on the forum main page and droidrzr.com has a pretty good listing of ROMs for the Razr and associated threads from users running the ROMs. Since ROMs generally have a lot of the bloat eliminated and a lot of the Moto Blur replaced it is possible the phone would be more responsive and seem to run faster or smoother. But again...read the threads from those users running the ROM. You could do a Factory Reset and see if that helps...don't do one, do two successive Factory Resets...it will probably help.

bolden88

Reaction score
Jb rom

Over at droidrz.com, I suggest Wizzed Bean. It is based on the Gallaxy and is phenominal. It is fast, stable and well supported. Most JB kinks are resolved. The mms works, the camera is replaced with one that works (pudding). No bluetooth but that is a JB issue not a ROM issue. Have been running Wizzed Bean for a month and don't want anything else.

Raydee35

Reaction score
I may have to try the wizzed bean rom. I am just getting tired of GB. Is there a way to back up the stock rom I am using now just in case I need to revert back?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums