1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Am I the only one who thinks the RAZR will be better than the GNex?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by bacK_N_87, Oct 28, 2011.

1. bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87 New Member

I really think the RAZR will be a better phone once it gets ICS. It looks better to me, its different and its bares the name RAZR. Although the Nexus will be vanilla which is a huge plus when it comes to updates or simply being first, but I actually don't like the look of vanilla phones from Android. This will be different and great but it looks a little boring to me. I think Motorola will skin this nicely. Anyway I maybe just the only one because the Nexus Galaxy doesn't look all that great. Imagine it with GB lol.
  2. SANhacker

SANhacker New Member

Really. Your first post and it will likely start a flame war.
  3. bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87 New Member

:) Man I've been reading these forums and never got into them. I just want to know what people think honestly no harm really lol.
  4. rza49311

rza49311 New Member

[/h]
    No and mostly notably because everyone has their own opinion. For me, I always go to Moto because of the reception.
  5. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

Not the only one, but you are in the minority :)
  6. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

I think they both will be great phones.......how's that for sitting on the fence?
  7. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

I thought so too, but everyone, including that guy sitting on the fence over there :big smile:, has been pretty good.

But I guess it depends on what your "better" is. I have friends that don't do more with their android phones than text and talk. Some don't even use the market. I think it just comes down to what you want from a phone. I'm going for the Nexus.
  8. bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87 New Member

I think most people are getting the ICS confused with the hardware. That's why I think the RAZR is better. I know that once Motorola upgrades it the phone will be great. Here's hoping they don't muck it up lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  9. harpua

harpua New Member

i never liked the razr. i had a Q. the droid razr specs are nice, i'm going with the Gnexysexy
  10. IXIKelsonIXI

IXIKelsonIXI New Member

Blur is icky. Doesn't matter what version of the OS it is put over.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  11. yoopermjm

yoopermjm New Member

I don't want to start a flame war either, but to me waiting for ICS is no big deal. I'm not all that excited about the big things that are being bragged about. Facial recognition? Cute but after I show all my friends once, I'd probably turn it off to get into my phone more quickly and securely. Touch beaming? I had beaming fifteen years ago on my old palm organizer and it was cool whenever you ran into a fellow palm user, but not really all that useful. Pay with your phone? No thanks, even if I had it I wouldn't use it. I can live without ICS just fine. And when it is updated to what I think is the best looking phone, it will be a nice change about Jan or Feb of next year. I am excited for not only this great looking razr, but also all the accessories that go along with it. Gnex is a great phone, and I hope that everyone who is excited about it enjoys it, and let's face it, the Gnex lovers are in the vast majority here, but for me, the razr is the phone I want. Isn't it great that we both have a choice.
  12. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Well, to the OP...as you can see by the responses you are not alone, and there are some that think otherwise.

Both should be great. For me its like this post said:

Battery life and reception are my biggest wants n needs. Everything comes 2nd. Newer OS, faster updates, best benchmarks, FPS, screen (to an extent) etc....all that comes 2nd for me. Now...I do want the Nexus cuz ICS looks that good and I wanna play with ICS now..lol. I wouldnt mind using NFC right now too if I could. Like with some ppl...past experience with a manufacture dictates how you look at them for future products. In my case....Samsung failed me and Moto didnt for reception. After going to Android from Win Mo Samsung still seemed to not quite make it for my wants n needs, which is reception.

All that said...if I could I would get both....and throw the Bionic in there for good measure...lol.
  13. wickedkae

wickedkae New Member

I'll be doing the GN, but that's because I really love the mod scene. Moto has been less than friendly in that area. The reality is they are both great phones, each with their own pros and cons. I think we are lucky to have the choice between 2 different but great phones. Hard to hate.
  14. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I think the GNXS will bring back the spirit that the D1 brought to the community, can't wait to get my hands on one

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  15. shizumie

shizumie New Member

Im getting a prime razr... Im gonna get both, put them in a sock, bash em with a hammer for a few minutes and then viola, prime razr! The best of both worlds! ICS, super camera, kevlar, signal n build, pullable battery and sd card! Woot Woot! Who wants to join me

sent while flying my kite in the rain
  16. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Gnaw dog, your on your own :p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  17. shizumie

shizumie New Member

Come on guys itl work. Youve all saw that trick.. give me your nice new watch, wrap in handkerchief, beat with mallet, and there you go, i pull out a perfectly unharmed....wait....what... Why is this watch in so many pieces?

sent while flying my kite in the rain
  18. bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87 New Member

Yes choices are wonderful. You iKnow who doesn't have choices? I'm debating will this be the first phone I purchase @full retail. Is it worth it?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  19. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Gotta agree with this.
  20. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

the nexus is gonna be my first full retail phone purchase. If the bootloader comes unlocked, then there will be no competition between the two phones.