Am I the only one who thinks the RAZR will be better than the GNex?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between the RAZR and the Nexus. No interested in any HTC phone, I don't care what the specs are - not only is the hardware garbage but Sense makes me crazy.

As far as the current Motoblur that's on my Bionic I like it. All of the "blur" is removable if you want but I find that the contacts widget is so good I'd pay for it. Other than that all you really have is bloat which is not a big deal seeing you have 32 Gig.

Honestly coming from the OG Droid if someone didn't tell me there was Blur on the Bionic I would have no idea.

So far I'm heavily leaning towards the RAZR - love the hardware specs. Moto does have the best radios and I really don't see what is so great about the Nexus except for the screen (non gorilla glass tho).

As far as ICS, I would expect to see it on both the RAZR and the Bionic by January so it's a non issue.

It really comes down to which is the better piece of hardware.

Also I heard the RAZR has already been rooted. While I don't plan on doing it I know it's possible.

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
It has been my experience over many yrs that there are many good phones but for me Moto has displayed the best, most consistent build quality/performance out there. Next, there's me. I am tough on stuff in general and the usual build quality of MOTO plus the "hardened" nature of this phone in particular is a perfect fit. Can't wait to get it!!!

Agreed moto has been good to me also. It didn't start that way but that was a long time ago when I had a cricket phone. I swore off moto but eventually bought a Droid. I've never looked back.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

shizumie

Reaction score
From my understanding (and I could be wrong here) but I think it has to do with some type of encryption on the bootloader from the carrier. I'm hoping that a dev with knowledge on the subject could modify the tool to work for the U.S. models. If that's possible, then RAZR would be my pick. #OCCUPY BOOTLOADER LOL!

Sent from my DROIDX using my fingers

I am leaning towards the nex, iwhile not for most camera is important to me.. however i will likely wait 2 r 3 weeks after release.. if razr gets unlocked then the tables have turned, and it will be my pic.
Although i saw an unboxing of vigor/rezound and to me it looks nice, wonder how good cam is? My bolt is nice.. i have no complaints...
Honestly i could care less about ics, it is the next BIG thing, therefore i think faster than gb they will b spreading the love

sent while flying my kite in the rain

Gmansurge

Reaction score
I ordered a Razr a few days ago, supposed to arrive on the 10th. I hope I like it as well as I have liked my X. I have an upgrade and couldn't resist getting it. For now I am sold on Moto.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Honestly i think both phones have their pros and cons but im going with the nexus and 1 of the things i like most about moto is motocast that thing is awesome ur own personal cloud

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

electric6

Reaction score
i love my bionic! Its great, and i really like the extended battery. imho moto as of late has become the the creme de la creme of android. Best reception, best radios, best build quality, best update history, support, warranty replacements, and most importantly best in the phone department. I will likely never buy anything except moto again.

Very much hoping my RAZR gets to my crib early so i can spend all night playing with it!

And i REALLY hope the battery life is on par with the iphone considering its using the same tech.

MOTO FTW

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Here is a little comparison for both phones. (That I could think of at the time.)

Galaxy Nexus

1. Has a 720p HD Super AMOLED screen.

• Good for viewing video and pictures.
  • Text will be really clear.
  • ICS's native resolution support it 720p. Anything else is non-native.
  • You can view more content at once without the need to scroll to see more.
  • Its a Pentile screen but with the resolution so high you won't be able to tell.
  • The best screen on the market so far.
2. Its a Google phone.
  • It will get all updates first.
  • Stock Android 4.0.
  • New things from google will probably get released on the Nexus first. (ex. Google Wallet)
  • Can be easily rooted, rom'd, and overclocked.
3. Specs
  • Build quality is pretty good. Has aluminum frame. Looks better then previous Samsung phones.
  • Radio quality can't really be said since its not released. Samsung could have done something with it.
  • Processor is a little bit better. It has the OMAP 4460 and the RAZR has the 4430. The only major difference is the GPU is clocked faster in the Nexus.
  • Camera is 5MP but has a panorama mode and instant shutter feature. Samsung camera have always been better then the rest. (Remember more MP's isn't always better!!)
  • 1gb ram.
  • Comes with NFC.
  • No removable sd card.

RAZR

1. Has a qHD screen.
  • Not as high of resolution as the Nexus.
  • Also has Pentile. It might be noticeable since there isn't as many PPI (Pixels per inch). Probably isn't as noticeable as bionic or even noticeable at all because of Super AMOLED
2. Its Motos phone.
  • Updates won't come as fast as the Nexus because Moto has to skin it with MotoBlur and then Verizon has to review it and then release it. ICS is scheduled for 6 weeks after ICS is released.
  • Its bootloader is locked. You will still be able to root it and put roms on it but no kernels. Kernels make a difference!
  • Isn't stock android. Has MotoBlur on top.
  • Will be released with GingerBread.
3. Specs
  • Build quality is the best out of others.
  • Radio should be really good if they have the same radio quality as previous phones.
  • Camera is 8MP but no shots have been released(?) so can't compare to Nexus. (Remember more MP's isn't always better!!)
  • 1gb ram.
  • Graphics chip isn't clocked as high as Nexus.
  • Can't remove the battery.
Will probably add stuff to this later as I think of things to add.

Last edited:

EL Lacost

Reaction score
That was a good comperison but u also forgot that the nexus has an hd super amoled screen and no external sd card and the razr battery isnt removable probably harder to root

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That was a good comperison but u also forgot that the nexus has an hd super amoled screen and no external sd card and the razr battery isnt removable probably harder to root

Added.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I thought this as well. Once it gets ICS I really don't see how the Galaxy Nexus can really compete. It's just cause it got it first. I wonder if both released with ICS what would have happened? Food for thought
how can it not? better camera even though smaller pixels(moto cameras are worst of all vendors), nfc, better screen, better gpu, unlocked bootloader, better aesthetics, faster updates, better dev support. the only thing razr has going for it is kevlar and slim factor.

DroidHoff

Reaction score
how can it not? better camera even though smaller pixels(moto cameras are worst of all vendors)most cameras fail on phones because of sensors AND software, 1 of which ICS should help to fix, nfc / BT 4, better screen / BIGGER screen there are other factors besides PPI, like Gorilla Glasss, better gpu / Same GPU just overclocked SLIGHTLY, unlocked bootloader / No argument there only hope that the tool MOTO puts out helps us in some way with VZW, better aesthetics / Subjective at best, most seem to differ to the RAZR here plus has anybody even seen the LTE VZW Nexus remember it will be thicker than the HSPA+ version, faster updates / Yes but this is kind of a double argument... On one hand I here get the Nexus because of the Modding that can be done to it and the bootloader in which case you would be running on leaked versions way before official versions. And if you choose to wait for the official versions to push you probably aren't modding and the bootloader argument plays no factor, better dev support / MORE dev support, that doesnt always translate into "better" i'll take quality over quantity everyday. the only thing razr has going for it is kevlar and slim factor.

​Just my 2 cents :)

Last edited:

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Ok wel sorry i guess it is now and thanx for adding that