Current RAZRs any better than the original?

RAZRmax

Reaction score
My original is the perfect phone for me. I like the way it feels and the permanent menu , home, etc. buttons on the bottom. It's way better than my company Atrix phone.

So are the newest RAZRs really any better? I think I read that one of them has live screen real estate right up to the edges of the case? That would be cool as would the larger battery in the Maxx. But otherwise I am not sure I would upgrade.

Has anyone swapped their RAZR for a newer one?

Dweib

Reaction score
I'm with you on this one. Big debate. My two year old razr does just fine. Although lately I'm on the fence about a droid mini, moto x or GS4.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Caboking

Reaction score
My 2 year old original is short on battery life. The later models improved on that problem.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I had the g1 maxx, HD maxx and now the droid maxx.. I like the screen size and feel of the current droid maxx..I know you're talking about razrs.. But I had to throw this in.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
1,000% Yes. Technically there is no RAZR but the new Droid Mini is its replacement. If you love the RAZR you will be head over heals for the Mini. You won't regret that upgrade.
If I COULD guarantee it, I would. :D

jp233

Reaction score
I really want to upgrade from my OG RAZR, but the lack of a micro SD card slot on the new fleet of Moto devices is a deal breaker for me. I'd be getting a Maxx HD instead, if anything.

I'm sure the lack of SD storage is a google thing - they want everything in the cloud, under their fingernails... "all your data are belong to us"

I do like the hard buttons, but my battery is struggling hard. Even a regular MAXX would be much better. Thought about doing the Maxx battery conversion, but it's just not really worth the money rather than just buying a new device. Then the OG Rarz could be relegated to a wifi-only gadget, music player, camera etc.

at the moment I'm sitting tight with my nearly-pristine OG RAZR with a struggling battery and dinged up Otterbox. I do like the Samsungs, the GS4 is sweet and the Note 2/3. But, top of the list for me right now would be a Maxx HD.

Dweib

Reaction score
I jumped on BB's $49 deal on a GS4. Hard to resist at that price. And although I can no longer make calls on it. My razr is still quite useful as a wi-fi device and continues on in it's horizontal moto dock as essentially a fancy clock radio with pandora and iheart.

Sent from my Galaxy Blue using Droid Forums

Abby Normal

Reaction score
For all of you will battery problems on your OG RAZR, just buy and install a new battery...I can't believe the difference.. My OG is much better with battery life now than the day I bought it two years or so ago.....

Dweib

Reaction score
Yep I dropped a 2200 pack in my razr just before I snagged the GS4. And yes it did make a difference. A few more hours anyway

Sent from my Galaxy Blue using Droid Forums

jp233

Reaction score
I have really considered doing the Maxx battery upgrade, but at $100+...... just tough to justify the cost. If I'm going to rip open the phone, I want the Maxx battery, wouldn't bother replacing it with another 1750 or even a 2200 mah battery. I've got chargers everywhere, and although I hate being a slave to them constantly, it just becomes the norm. Plug it in at every opportunity. The real suck is, when you're out in the world/woods, and you really need to have it and use it (incouding GPS let's say), and the battery lasts a miniscule amount of time.