Am I the only one who thinks the RAZR will be better than the GNex?

Billyd

Reaction score
I picked up from one of the videos that the Razor will have 2 mem cards, 1 16g micro sd and the other is similar to what the iPhone uses. I think he actually called it a sim but that doesn't right, and that it was even smaller than micro sd. Not sure on this.

I see a few have already ordered the Razor and had their 2ys up. I would like to know what type of a discount you got as when I ran through it on the VRZ site it only showed a $40 discount. Unlike the old days when we normally got $99.00.

Also has anyone noticed any fine print on bandwidth limits or charges for going over limits?.

Thanks for any info on the new upgrade pricing.
X/BillyD..:popcorn:

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Yeah it's a micro sim card and a micro SD card. Both slots are side by side.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

crwys

Reaction score
how can it not? better camera even though smaller pixels(moto cameras are worst of all vendors), nfc, better screen, better gpu, unlocked bootloader, better aesthetics, faster updates, better dev support. the only thing razr has going for it is kevlar and slim factor.
Lets break this down here
Better camera - We haven't even seen how the Razr takes pictures and how well it does. And we have not compared the photos taken by the Razr and Nexus.
Better Screen - That is debatable, do your research please.
Better GPU - Not really, once again do your research, even if it was, the advantage is unnoticeable.
Better Aesthetics - Lol what?
Unlocked Bootloader - Most people do not care for this, a lot of people don't even root their phone. And there may actually be a way to unlock it on the Razr, we will have to wait and see.
Faster Updates - Last time I checked, Motorola was the company known for being on top of updates. Seing also as how ICS is coming to Razr early 2012
Better Dev Support - Again debatable
The only thing razr has going for it is kevlar and slim factor - Um there is a lot more.

Do your research before posting random non sense you obviously do not know a lot about.

Last edited:

Felix 222

Reaction score
Lets break this down here
Better camera - We haven't even seen how the Razr takes pictures and how well it does. And we have not compared the photos taken by the Razr and Nexus.
Better Screen - That is debatable, do your research please.
Better GPU - Not really, once again do your research, even if it was, the advantage is unnoticeable.
Better Aesthetics - Lol what?
Unlocked Bootloader - Most people do not care for this, a lot of people don't even root their phone. And there may actually be a way to unlock it on the Razr, we will have to wait and see.
Faster Updates - Last time I checked, Motorola was the company known for being on top of updates. Seing also as how ICS is coming to Razr early 2012
Better Dev Support - Again debatable
The only thing razr has going for it is kevlar and slim factor - Um there is a lot more.

Do your research before posting random non sense you obviously do not know a lot about.

I know your reply wasnt directed towards me but the posted response isn't too strong. I mean, first of all, do you really think the razr may have better dev support?
Personally, I did my research and cancelled my razr preorder.

Just saying...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
OK OK OK... This is getting outta hand... The phones are BOTH great... to each his own, right? I am personally coming from a D2G replacement for an OG and without an unlocked bootoader it sucks not to have a scene backing my device. BUT!!! GB update is awesome and i never cared for overclocking because it was a pseudoscience to me and never saw a a HUGE gain (did see an in smoothness of screen almost like an increase in hz but only a few 100 hz OC was needed on the OG). but my point is if you wanna argue devs now lets get this thing concentrated. Im not spamming my thread it just makes sense we have a central debate.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-nexus/180642-calling-all-devs.html

Next... I was nuts for the GNEX but now I am attracted to the RAZR because its so resilient and I like my OG by MOTO... I really dont want a plastic phone as I fear the GNEX is... I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE; I thought i heard that somewhere. BUT the GPU arent different are they? I thought the GNEX was an older GPU but clocked faster than the RAZR (384-GNEX to lower 3 spec). I think the GNEX is more attractive to DEVS with open bootloader but the phone that might be more attractive to the masses is the RAZR because its MOTO and its tough.

For me. I really wanted the GNEX but the RAZR seems to be a great choice if I dont wanna ROM it every week. BUT thats why I asked who is going where so i could follow them there. please read above link.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is a little comparison for both phones. (That I could think of at the time.)

Galaxy Nexus

1. Has a 720p HD Super AMOLED screen.

• Good for viewing video and pictures.
  • Text will be really clear.
  • ICS's native resolution support it 720p. Anything else is non-native.
  • You can view more content at once without the need to scroll to see more.
  • Its a Pentile screen but with the resolution so high you won't be able to tell.
  • The best screen on the market so far.

• so your saying the screen is better than a super amoled plus screen?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gmtekk

Reaction score
I know your reply wasnt directed towards me but the posted response isn't too strong. I mean, first of all, do you really think the razr may have better dev support?
Personally, I did my research and cancelled my razr preorder.

Just saying...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
i also cancelled my order...

Gmansurge

Reaction score
I want the lapdock, speaker options etc... Nexus does not have it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

artiar

Reaction score
They are both going to be great phones but it all boils down 2 is what phone is a better fit for your needs.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I'm not getting either phone. I like a physical KB, but I do have an opinion on the looks of the phones:

The Nexus looks like a hunk of junk compared to the RAZR. It just looks...chubby, like a 4 year old old Palm Treo without a keyboard. Here is the video that made me think this, especially when he takes off the cheap-looking plastic back around 3:20 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-nexus/179234-unofficial-unboxing-gnex.html

Then there's the RAZR. The thing looks like space aliens dropped it off on Earth to save us. This thing is like the obelisk in 2001: A Space Odyssey and I feel like an ape dancing around and screaming at it when I see it. This is the picture that made me think this Motorola RAZR hands on & review - Insider Blog - Expansys.com UK

View attachment 42100
:D:D:D:D:D:D

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow I looked at the 3:20 mark taking off the back - I don't think I've ever seen a back BEND before. It's as thin as a piece of paper... it looked like it was going to snap.

As far as the RAZR I like the look.

I'm still undecided but watching him take the back off really was a turn off.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well here is an answer as to why the cheap plastic back is BETTER than the others... watch this video.

[video=youtube;ErXqnQKs-tA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErXqnQKs-tA[/video]

aty

Reaction score
Not had a great experience with Moto's Droid X

My X has also had three OS updates and been screwed royally by all three...each one screwing up something different. The first messed up 3G and streaming, the second messed up my kindle application (it would auto force close when I tried to bookmark the page), and the third screwed up my camera function. At which point I gave up and performed a hard factory reset.

My X has had three OS updates in the last year and a half. I believe Moto will update to ICS on the Razr and soon. I'm going Razr and a big reason is from the great experience I have had with my X.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Well here is an answer as to why the cheap plastic back is BETTER than the others... watch this video.

Hey, maybe it's not a bad design. In any case, it is removable and that's something that the RAZR does not have.

But my gut says that Moto just makes the best phone hardware, period. The RAZR looks like it was hewn from Carbonite. The Nexus...not so much. In the end we'll just have to wait to see how the phones function. Hopefully, they'll both be great phones! I won't be recommending either to anyone until I see them hands on and read people's reactions on these forums.

One thing that does worry me about Motorola is how they have pushed out less than stellar updates. With the original Droid, their final update pushed out a home launcher that lagged like a snail. The Droid 2 Global sat with terrible software for many many months. The recent Droid X Gingerbread updates have really screwed things up for people that were content on Froyo. There are workarounds when it comes to software, but the situation is still disconcerting.

Last edited:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Moto's complete lack of response to their awful camera's they put in phones is also a little disconcerting as well. Even in the new phones they still have the same awful sensors and complete lack of lowlight ability. You can make a camera 7 million megapixels, but if you don't have the right sensors it's worthless.

I understand you can make moto's camera's better by downloading a camera app, adjusting the settings, standing on your head and shooting the photo at exactly 7:47pm. But who wants to do all that?