Am I the only one who thinks the RAZR will be better than the GNex?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im getting a prime razr... Im gonna get both, put them in a sock, bash em with a hammer for a few minutes and then viola, prime razr! The best of both worlds! ICS, super camera, kevlar, signal n build, pullable battery and sd card! Woot Woot! Who wants to join me

Gnaw dog, your on your own :p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

shizumie

Reaction score
Gnaw dog, your on your own :p

Come on guys itl work. Youve all saw that trick.. give me your nice new watch, wrap in handkerchief, beat with mallet, and there you go, i pull out a perfectly unharmed....wait....what... Why is this watch in so many pieces?

sent while flying my kite in the rain

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Yes choices are wonderful. You iKnow who doesn't have choices? I'm debating will this be the first phone I purchase @full retail. Is it worth it?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I think the GNXS will bring back the spirit that the D1 brought to the community, can't wait to get my hands on one

Gotta agree with this.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Yes choices are wonderful. You iKnow who doesn't have choices? I'm debating will this be the first phone I purchase @full retail. Is it worth it?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

the nexus is gonna be my first full retail phone purchase. If the bootloader comes unlocked, then there will be no competition between the two phones.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Come on guys itl work. Youve all saw that trick.. give me your nice new watch, wrap in handkerchief, beat with mallet, and there you go, i pull out a perfectly unharmed....wait....what... Why is this watch in so many pieces?

Perfect it on your stuff then I'll give you my Bionic and Nexus to create the Motorola Droid BioNexus for me :wink:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It really is a matter of preference. I'd rather have a removable battery, 720p screen, an unlocked bootloader, and updates in a reasonable amount of time. Lately Moto's phones have had too many problems for me (random loss of reception and gps issues with my Droid 3) and although Blur isn't as bad as it used to be, I see absolutely no need for it with ICS. By time these phones get ICS the Nexus will probably have already gotten a few small updates and it won't be long until Jelly Bean is announced at Google I/O. I just don't want to be constantly behind. The Razr looks nice, but looks aren't everything and if battery life isn't that great there's no way to carry an extra battery. I'm probably going to pay full retail for the Nexus.

lobo13

Reaction score
I thought this as well. Once it gets ICS I really don't see how the Galaxy Nexus can really compete. It's just cause it got it first. I wonder if both released with ICS what would have happened? Food for thought

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
If they were both released with stock ICS or just ICS? Would they both also be getting upgraded at the same time in the future?

shizumie

Reaction score
I agree it would be alot differentvif both were launched with ICS but as it is only the gn, and it will probly be 3rd 4th quarter 2012 before razr gets ics. I just read a post saying what phones sammy would release ics on but said it would be 2nd quarter 2012, isnt sammy known for getting early releases? I could be wrong? But there are still phones with no official gb... So i cant see getting a razr n saying , o but when ot gets ics.... While it may be better.. (then...and not saying it will.... Who knows) the fact is iy could be a year before it gets it, who knows what new toys will be out by then. Im not saying dont get razr, but dont get it on the bank that it will have ics within a month r so

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
galaxy note is better

lolll

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Oaklands

Reaction score
I agree it would be alot differentvif both were launched with ICS but as it is only the gn, and it will probly be 3rd 4th quarter 2012 before razr gets ics. I just read a post saying what phones sammy would release ics on but said it would be 2nd quarter 2012, isnt sammy known for getting early releases? I could be wrong? But there are still phones with no official gb... So i cant see getting a razr n saying , o but when ot gets ics.... While it may be better.. (then...and not saying it will.... Who knows) the fact is iy could be a year before it gets it, who knows what new toys will be out by then. Im not saying dont get razr, but dont get it on the bank that it will have ics within a month r so

This will probably change if Google's buyout of Motorola goes through. There is no way they would not update their phones as quickly.

Tapatalk and Toshiba Thrive.

rasaun87

Reaction score
3rd 4th quarter? U forget moto is alwats the first to send out phone updates? The nexus will be better for rom whores, the razr will be better for the avg civilian. Hence one being a "developer" phone and one coming with a custom UI.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using deez nutz.

Gmansurge

Reaction score
My X has had three OS updates in the last year and a half. I believe Moto will update to ICS on the Razr and soon. I'm going Razr and a big reason is from the great experience I have had with my X.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
3rd 4th quarter? U forget moto is alwats the first to send out phone updates? The nexus will be better for rom whores, the razr will be better for the avg civilian. Hence one being a "developer" phone and one coming with a custom UI.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using deez nutz.

didn't the nexus s always get upgrades before the motos

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums