All Ultimate Droid Support Will Be Handled Here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rom Manager and ClockWorkMod is getting a bad rap merely because it had a short stretch where ClockWork versions had bugs... but it's been fixed for quite some time now... I tend to think it's user error more now that it's been updated to stable versions again.... JMHO

That being said... For ROM changes it's just smarter to do it from recovery manually...but for kernel changes, patches, and even themes where you don't have to wipe, doing it from RomManager is not a problem whatsoever. I use it all the time, as do I boot into recovery manually all the time as well, ClockWork, and haven't had any issues at all, other than the 3 or so ClockWork versions that were a bit unstable for whatever reason.

I'm sure if you were to search, you'd find members who've had problems with SPRecovery as well..... user error problems that is...lol:icon_eek::D:p

Will someone teach me how to change the volume bar color from red
I've tried editing the framework a couple times and it always flashes back to red
Its really throwing off my black cyan theme

Will someone teach me how to change the volume bar color from red
I've tried editing the framework a couple times and it always flashes back to red
Its really throwing off my black cyan theme

Find thebowers. He has a tutorial in his sig about doing this.

Woot found it thanks

EDIT: does anybody know where to find the file for when your turning up the volume for anything the color bar(its red in ud8). i thought i found it multiple times but everytime i push another frameork its still red if anyone can help me out id appreciate it

Last edited:
Question for anyone: I've been on UD8 for a few days now and im loving it. One thing I've noticed is that only a handful of my apps are showing as "my downloads" in the Market but I have over 50 or so. I can get the "updates" on the ones the Market shows but what about the rest? How can they get their updates?

Question for anyone: I've been on UD8 for a few days now and im loving it. One thing I've noticed is that only a handful of my apps are showing as "my downloads" in the Market but I have over 50 or so. I can get the "updates" on the ones the Market shows but what about the rest? How can they get their updates?

I'm not sure why this solution works, but it does seems to. Someone once told me to run a free app from the market called aTrackDog. It searches for all your installed apps and tells you when it finds updates. I usually just have it scan my apps then I go back into the market and my downloads are magically back.
This issue doesn't seem to be specific to any one particular ROM, I've seen it on three different ones.

My notification light is so annoying now. It refuses to blink like before.... I do not like a solid light. No matter where i change this its always the same. Any ideas??

I'm also having this problem. It blinks for awhile and then it returns to solid. R u by any chance using handcent also????

I use Handcent.. earlier this summer i had a problem with pics and messages over a few words.. so i wouldn't update.. but since then I have updated and don't have any problems..

I'm not sure why this solution works, but it does seems to. Someone once told me to run a free app from the market called aTrackDog. It searches for all your installed apps and tells you when it finds updates. I usually just have it scan my apps then I go back into the market and my downloads are magically back.
This issue doesn't seem to be specific to any one particular ROM, I've seen it on three different ones.

lolz! On top of the missing apps from the market I have, I don't know why a commercial just popped in my head; "Missing your apps from the market? We have an app for that."

Thanks iPhoneBlowz!! I just took your advice installed this app and it told me I have 12 updated versions. Thx again! :)

Rom Manager and ClockWorkMod is getting a bad rap merely because it had a short stretch where ClockWork versions had bugs... but it's been fixed for quite some time now... I tend to think it's user error more now that it's been updated to stable versions again.... JMHO

Rom Manager created its own bad rap and it is NOT fixed.

P.S. I love your sig :p

ROM manager has issues. I use both RM/CW and have not had troubles. I have learned how to deal with RM. A couple of tricks I used is 1) always clear the download cache before downloading anything else in RM; and 2) I try to always use WiFi when downloading through RM. Most the time I only use RM to flash themes or kernels. Roms I download on my computer then push to the sd card and flash it though recovery. I am not against flashing SPR to download a rom that i want if it is not compatible with CW. (Which I did for UD8) but then once the rom is flashed I go back to CW. I like not having to rename anything I want to put on my phone.

just my .02 worth.

ROM manager has issues. I use both RM/CW and have not had troubles. I have learned how to deal with RM. A couple of tricks I used is 1) always clear the download cache before downloading anything else in RM; and 2) I try to always use WiFi when downloading through RM. Most the time I only use RM to flash themes or kernels. Roms I download on my computer then push to the sd card and flash it though recovery. I am not against flashing SPR to download a rom that i want if it is not compatible with CW. (Which I did for UD8) but then once the rom is flashed I go back to CW. I like not having to rename anything I want to put on my phone.

just my .02 worth.

I use CW for a few different reasons, but I never download or flash anything via ROM Mgr. I always download the ROMs, themes, and kernels on my computer first. What I really like about CW is that I don't have to rename all my zip files to update.zip. I put the ROM on the root of the SD card and my themes and kernels have their own folders because CW doesn't require flashing only from the root of the card. Not having everything named update.zip makes my life a whole lot easier.

I do use ROM Mgr for making and managing my backups though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back