.902 Root

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Mike8016, Feb 7, 2012.

1. eap369

eap369 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this worked perfectly im now on .902 and rooted thanks!!!!!

2. eap369

eap369 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your reply but i used sargentmayjords link
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/197374-5-5-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html
    and it worked now on 902 and rooted!

3. eap369

eap369 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thats what i was saying i did use sargentsmajords method and it worked now on 902 and rooted thanks!

4. madmako

madmako Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In a different post over the weekend, I lamented the fact that despite putting the house back in order (restoring bloatware) and un-rooting with Pete's, the .902 OTA and SD card method both failed. As a result, I was advised to reflash back to the original state of .875 and begin anew with a few intermediate steps/processes along the way.

It was a lot easier to call VZW and get a warranty replacement which will arrive with .902 installed.

Some may argue this was the wrong approach. However, the only reason I got into this rooting business was due to poor execution by Moto and VZW. It was VZW who talked me into Moto superiority over BlackBerry mediocrity. It wasn't my choice to own a device with dismal communication, power management including poor backup capabilities. I was told and sold on the idea that the device will provide solid 3G performance like my BlackBerry and will perform even better when 4G rolled out. I had no idea I was purchasing what would amount to be a Beta product. When simple voice communications, let alone data, are inconsistent, that's not a releasable product.

Somehow or another, the concept of reliability got passed by both Moto and VZW.

So, while I also downloaded Motofail_Windows to root my replacement, I'm very reluctant to do so based on this weekend's experience. Perhaps, the wiser choice is to remain stock, limit apps and wait for ICS sometime later this Spring.

#52 madmako, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  5. crobs808

crobs808 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just downloaded motofail and did it on my unrooted 902, and it is rooted now. All rooted apps work fine now, no errors. I rebooted a couple times to make sure it was permanent. Now I can do the 'OTA Rootkeeper' patch for future updates so root never gets removed.

It is obvious there is a lot of confusion about how this works. I will be creating a new tutorial for the Bionic, as I did for the Vogue a few years back.

#53 crobs808, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  6. jawknee

jawknee New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was .893 rooted. I downloaded Voodoo OTA RootKeeper from Market. Created a back up of SU in Voodoo OTA RootKeeper. Then temporarily unroot using Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper. Did the.902 OTA install. Went back to Voodoo OTA RootKeeper and reload the SU backup. Worked perfectly. Took less than 30 minutes and no problems.

7. gobi42

gobi42 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So im new to moto's but I've owned and rooted an htc hero and evo 4g im also running linux and wondered if anyone has made the 902 root method for us linux folks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

8. sargentmajord

sargentmajord Silver Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Doesnt wine work? That program is suppose to all windows programs run on linux

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

9. bigmook

bigmook Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes.... motofail for the Droid 4 works

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

10. bassman1547

bassman1547 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A few Details

Great forum.
    My question is about installing Motofail_Windows root method . I am on the unrooted/stock OTA .902. All I want to do is root right now is obtain root.
    I have downloaded said file, moved it from my browser download area to my SD card. Reboot to recovery; update from SD card; found the file;selected it, and nothing. What am I doing wrong? I must be missing a step or two. Help? Rename the file (doesn't show up as a zip)??

#58 bassman1547, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  11. unbesorgt

unbesorgt Member

Ratings:
    +4
    You cannot flash the Motofail file. You need to extract the contents on your Windows PC (also need to have the Motorola drivers installed), then connect your Bionic in USB Debugging mode. Double-click the run.bat file to begin the rooting process.

12. bassman1547

bassman1547 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great! Thanks. Worked like a charm. Easy too, after your instruction. :hail:

Search tags for this page
motofail linux osx.zip

motofail waiting for device