.902 Root

eap369

Reaction score
Are your apps frozen? Unfreeze them and try to update

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Thanks but No my apps are working fine but I just tried it again and still the same. I don't care if I have to erase everything as long as I'm off the 886 so I can update .any other ideas?

jhom

Reaction score
Thanks but No my apps are working fine but I just tried it again and still the same. I don't care if I have to erase everything as long as I'm off the 886 so I can update .any other ideas?

Did you do a factory reset?

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Man, that was shocking, One hour ago,Literally checked for update, none available. Laid phone down, went outside with dog, came back in, w00t! Install update nofication! Installed. Root checked and undisturbed. One click only, no forever root. Looks good so far. Normal data connect, (damn good). Maybe just a flinch quicker UI, like someone else said, wifox free hotspot still works. That's how I'm currently on the D1 via wifi.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

brent.murray

Reaction score
I also went from .893 rooted to .902 and lost root. Both 1 click and petes root no longer will achieve root now... I miss my root! (And am apprehensive about doing a pathsaver method).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

criminal666

Reaction score
I am also on .902 and have lost root. Kind of a nightmare what got me here but here goes. I was on .886 stock, rooted using Forever Root, installed Eclipse 2.0 and had been running that since it came out. I wanted to update to .901 but I was not able to update via P3Droids method. Was using safestrap for Roms, ended up disabling safe system which took me back to stock rom, I believe. Then I was still unable to update using P3Droid method, so I update using the OTA on my phone. First I was update to .893 and lost root, then this morning I had the option to update to .902 and still no root. Not sure how much sense any of that made, I am still confused myself...

Reaction score
So I'm confused. I have .893, and Forever Root. Will NOT update to .902. Yes, I had some apps frozen, and yes, I thawed them. Didn't work. Did a wipe to factory. Still doesn't work.

welsalex

Reaction score
So nice to have this update from moto but I also lost root. Came from rooted 5.5.893 and now no root. Gonna play with root tools and see if any of them with work.

EDIT: Just tried the updated root method for 893 and it failed. Well now waiting for a dev to figure it out. Good luck hopefully we see a method soon!

Last edited: