How to root droid bionic. 902

jhom

Reaction score
Apparently, there is a new method for rooting 902. Take a look at the sticky by sargentmajord in this section. Good luck.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Is there a video i can watch or do u have a youtube channel or something cause im having a hard time

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

There is no video I'm aware of, as the exploit was only just released. It's really not that complicated.

Run.bat is a batch file that calls the executable file called adb.exe. So if you're getting the error "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" that means the adb.exe file is not in the same folder as run.bat. You need to extract the entire contents of the zip file into a folder on your PC. Then double-click the run.bat file. You need the Motorola drivers installed on your PC and USB Debugging enabled on your Bionic (under Applications > Development). I don't know how to make it any clearer, sorry.

eye_dea

Reaction score
The real question is...will this keep root with future ota's???

unbesorgt

Reaction score
The real question is...will this keep root with future ota's???

I would recommend performing the Forever Root steps after rooting. In most cases that allowed root to be maintained through the .902 update. Moto could still change things around to prevent it from working for future updates, but it's worth a try: Forever Root info.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
So do you put this file on the sd card and boot into recovery then update ?
no thats a script that u run on ur comp plug ur phone in make sure usb is in charge only mode an then got to settings--> applications--> development an select usb debugging mode then run the script by clicking on the batch file labeled run

eye_dea

Reaction score
Can you use file expert to add the code or do I need root explorer for sure?

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Can you use file expert to add the code or do I need root explorer for sure?

Any text editor should work as long as it will allow you to mount the System directory as Read/Write. Remember to make a backup of the file first.

eye_dea

Reaction score
How about a backup with tibu before applying forever root? Or do I need to just backup that file? Any additional files to backup?

unbesorgt

Reaction score
The mount_ext3.sh file is the only one modified, so that is the one you want to back up. You can never have too many backups though.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Check the file first before you add the code -- I just read that Motofail may add the lines automatically. You don't want to duplicate them. They should be at the very bottom.

drawbridgep

Reaction score
After the update I lost root and used superoneclick which seemed to work, but didn't. Most apps thought I wasn't rooted, but one of the verizon apps did as did the hack. SO I was in a half-root limbo. but this link worked great. Now I can run titanium again and freeze the new bloat.