.902 Root

brent.murray

Reaction score
ATTN ALL DEV'S: WE LOVE & APPRECIATE YOUR WORK AND NEED AN EASY ROOT METHOD FOR .902!!!
(SINCERELY, US BOOBS) :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

welsalex

Reaction score
ATTN ALL DEV'S: WE LOVE & APPRECIATE YOUR WORK AND NEED AN EASY ROOT METHOD FOR .902!!!
(SINCERELY, US BOOBS) :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Oh YES I agree! Thank you all sooooo much for everything! If at all possible ez root method is very much so needed! I don't want to have to FXZ my phone and get all dangerous lol.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

eap369

Reaction score
what's the exact error message?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

It says system update failed!
And I still did a factory reset again now it says no update available your device is up to date
I want to update to .902 so bad!

unbesorgt

Reaction score
It says system update failed!
And I still did a factory reset again now it says no update available your device is up to date
I want to update to .902 so bad!

After the factory reset, did you try doing a manual update from .886 to .893?

If you need the file, you can get it here.

After flashing that, you would want to root, then Forever Root, and lastly flash the .902 update.

Make sure you are using stock recovery to flash these files.

Last edited:

eap369

Reaction score
After the factory reset, did you try doing a manual update from .886 to .893?

I tried it by clicking in the settings, about phone, system updates and says your device is up to date. Can i flash a newer version in flash recovery mode?

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I tried it by clicking in the settings, about phone, system updates and says your device is up to date. Can i flash a newer version in flash recovery mode?

Yes, use the files I linked in the post above. Copy to the root of your external SD card (sd-ext).

To get into stock recovery: power off. Hold volume up and down together, and power on. Use volume down to highlight Recovery and volume up to select. When you get to the ! screen, press volume up and down again to bring up the menu. Then use volume keys to highlight Update from Zip and tap power button to select. Use volume keys to highlight the update file, tap power again and it should install.

I would install the .893 update first, then boot up and root, and Forever Root. Then go back into recovery to install the .902 update.

Keep in mind that Moto names their files after the version you are coming FROM, not the version you're going TO. Just so you don't confuse the two files.

Last edited:

eap369

Reaction score
Yes, use the files I linked in the post above. Copy to the root of your external SD card (sd-ext).

To get into stock recovery: power off. Hold volume up and down together, and power on. Use volume down to highlight Recovery and volume up to select. When you get to the ! screen, press volume up and down again to bring up the menu. Then use volume keys to highlight Update from Zip and tap power button to select. Use volume keys to highlight the update file, tap power again and it should install.

I would install the .893 update first, then boot up and root, and Forever Root. Then go back into recovery to install the .902 update.

Keep in mind that Moto names their files after the version you are coming FROM, not the version you're going TO. Just so you don't confuse the two files.

Thank you as soon as Im home I'm going to do this i will report back

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score

cbrmike

Reaction score
OK I'm going to keep it simple. I manually updated to 901 via P3droids one click method (no root) to get back on the upgrade path and now manually updated to 902. What would be the best way to root at this point ? I have 893,901 and 902 on my sdcard.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK I'm going to keep it simple. I manually updated to 901 via P3droids one click method (no root) to get back on the upgrade path and now manually updated to 902. What would be the best way to root at this point ? I have 893,901 and 902 on my sdcard.
if u have updated past .893 u can no longer root only way is to roll back i created this thread specifically for rooting issues and or update/bricking issues here is the link (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html) certified tested an guaranteed working method that only takes 25-30 min for the whole process please read the steps carefully an contact me if u run into any problems

eap369

Reaction score

hey to i put the update file on the ext sd card went to stocl recovery updated from zip and i got a failed message it says
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
verifying update package...
installing update...
assert failed; file_getprop("/system/build.prop". "ro.build.fingerprint") == 'verizon/targa_vzw/cdma_targa:2.3.4/5.5.1_84_DBN-62
a lot of other stuff lol at the end it says
E:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
installation aborted.

any idea why?

eap369

Reaction score
hey how do u use petes one click method to get to 901?
the options are root my phone, unroot my phone, run temp adb procedure, and restore my/system/app
which one did you use?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
hey how do u use petes one click method to get to 901?
the options are root my phone, unroot my phone, run temp adb procedure, and restore my/system/app
which one did you use?
there is no rooting method for 901 due to the exploit being patched u need to revert back to .893 to root

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
OK here's my .02. I had factory installed 893 on a month old phone. In anticipation of the update soon I did a factory. intentionally unrooting. I cleared cache etc and tried to do a totally clean install. I rerooted with the rota893 script. The install came and immediately i was in Ti backup uninstalling bloat and installing root apps.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
hey how do u use petes one click method to get to 901?<br>
the options are root my phone, unroot my phone, run temp adb procedure, and restore my/system/app<br>
which one did you use?
there is no rooting method for 901 due to the exploit being patched u need to revertto .893 to root petes on click method is an outdate rooting method only please take a look at my post it will roll u back to .893 get u rooted and updated to .902 while retaining root here is the link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html