.902 Root

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Mike8016, Feb 7, 2012.

1. eap369

eap369 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you as soon as Im home I'm going to do this i will report back

2. sargentmajord

sargentmajord Silver Member

Ratings:
    +16
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update-13.html
    only method available an it takes at the most 25-30 min an guaranteed working method plus solves any update errors u may be experiencing or bricked phone issues

3. cbrmike

cbrmike Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK I'm going to keep it simple. I manually updated to 901 via P3droids one click method (no root) to get back on the upgrade path and now manually updated to 902. What would be the best way to root at this point ? I have 893,901 and 902 on my sdcard.

4. sargentmajord

Ratings:
    +16
    if u have updated past .893 u can no longer root only way is to roll back i created this thread specifically for rooting issues and or update/bricking issues here is the link (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html) certified tested an guaranteed working method that only takes 25-30 min for the whole process please read the steps carefully an contact me if u run into any problems

5. eap369

eap369 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey to i put the update file on the ext sd card went to stocl recovery updated from zip and i got a failed message it says
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    verifying update package...
    installing update...
    assert failed; file_getprop("/system/build.prop". "ro.build.fingerprint") == 'verizon/targa_vzw/cdma_targa:2.3.4/5.5.1_84_DBN-62
    a lot of other stuff lol at the end it says
    E:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
    (status 7)
    installation aborted.

any idea why?

6. eap369

eap369 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey how do u use petes one click method to get to 901?
    the options are root my phone, unroot my phone, run temp adb procedure, and restore my/system/app
    which one did you use?

7. sargentmajord

Ratings:
    +16
    there is no rooting method for 901 due to the exploit being patched u need to revert back to .893 to root

8. altspeed

altspeed Active Member

Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    Ratings:
    +17
    OK here's my .02. I had factory installed 893 on a month old phone. In anticipation of the update soon I did a factory. intentionally unrooting. I cleared cache etc and tried to do a totally clean install. I rerooted with the rota893 script. The install came and immediately i was in Ti backup uninstalling bloat and installing root apps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

9. sargentmajord

Ratings:
    +16
    there is no rooting method for 901 due to the exploit being patched u need to revertto .893 to root petes on click method is an outdate rooting method only please take a look at my post it will roll u back to .893 get u rooted and updated to .902 while retaining root here is the link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html

10. Inous

Inous New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    go here: Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method - MyDroidWorld download the pathsaver and extract it, and run (runme.bat) with your phone in charge only mode and debug on.

let it run, it will wipe your system and other things but you will maintain data (apps and settings)

One part that scared me was when i got to a black screen that said "CG: invalid" cant boot or something like that. well, from there you just turn off the phone, hold vol up and down same time then hit the power button, this will bring you to a menu, tap down vol till you get to stock recovery hit up to select, once there hit update from zip and find 893 update.zip and let install.

Once installed you should still have root access and be on 893. Unfortunately when I did this I updated via OTA to 902 and lost root and now have no idea what to do. But this will atleast get you to 893 with forever root. Good Luck!

EDIT: grab this new set of files and add it to the same folder you extracted the pathsaver to and this should fix the root issue

http://www.bionicforums.net/forum/d...ic-path-saver-1-click-method-3.html#post28250

P.S. Overall, everything should take about 15 minutes

#46 Inous, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  11. unbesorgt

unbesorgt Member

Ratings:
    +4
    That is very strange. Normally those types of errors indicate that something has been modified (system apps deleted, build.prop modified, etc.). At this point you should probably go with one of the pathsaver methods. Sargentmajord's method seems to be having good results.

12. bigjosh451

bigjosh451 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
Search tags for this page
motofail linux osx.zip

motofail waiting for device