1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

:)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by slipknot1bethanii, Sep 16, 2010.

1. slipknot1bethanii

slipknot1bethanii New Member

How do you get froyo? I typed it in and it didn't show up. Help please!
  2. timrock

timrock New Member

Its an upgrade thats downloaded thru your device. The official release for the x is not available as of yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  3. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

Froyo is the "codename" for the upgraded version of Android OS - 2.2. if you look in settings<about phone<Android version, you will see 2.1. once 2.2 is ready for the X, VZW will start sending it out over the air (an OTA update). a notification will appear on your phone letting you know that there is an update available, and you will be able to download it to your phone.
  4. slipknot1bethanii

slipknot1bethanii New Member

Mkay thank you, do you know any good cases? And what about widgets? Cuz im trying to make my phone look cool.
  5. Jayizdaman

Jayizdaman New Member

Please use the appropriate forums and the search function. Many of the questions you ask have already been answered. For your case, look in the Droid X accessories forums. I personally hate cases and I always go with invisible shield by zagg. It's good decent protection from scratches and hand oils, but not falls, and I get it for a HUGE discount.
  6. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

im pretty sure u can still get 2.2 using rom manager..