new member. with new droid x. with questions

Pyro

Reaction score
Hi guys. I recently got a new droid x and have it rooted now and have barnacle tether installed. Can some one please tell me how get it running on the ps3, I saw other people talking about doing it on other threads but didn't follow them well. So help please.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and dark side (rooted). I'm moving your post to the X general discussion section so that other X members can reply.

Mike

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A lot of people just use this app for the Droid:
android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

If you have set up your ps3 to connect to wifi at your house you should be able to connect it to this. I haevn't used Barnacle so can't speak to that, sorry.

That being said I would not want to play games through the phone's wifi connection, especially not for an extended period of time.

Hours/days/GB's of data later and if Verizon decided to look at why you did a huge amount of traffic in a short period of time they easily could see that it was PS3 traffic that the phone wouldn't be using, going across their network, and they would be within their rights to charge you per mb and send a huge bill.

I have never heard of them doing so, but I would not want to be their "example" case.