2.1 cosmetic update??

Nedaroth

Reaction score
The 2.1 list of features are ok but do you think they tuned our OS up a little like performance wise? Do you think google will now put all their effort on the OS for N1 and enterprise?

bL33d

Reaction score
Pretty sure Droid is the most popular Google phone so I would think it will get the royale treatment.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The 2.1 list of features are ok but do you think they tuned our OS up a little like performance wise? Do you think google will now put all their effort on the OS for N1 and enterprise?
Please remember that Google had a huge hand in the development of the Moto Droid.

They are not about to abandon it or the N1 anytime soon. Even when new Android devices are released they will continue to support the devices.

Droids

Reaction score
I would expect some performance increase but these will be optimization tweaks so those that expect 100% lag free performance in all apps across the board will likely be disappointed. And I have no doubt we'll be hearing from those people that think the Droid is a complete fail even with 2.1 because there are some juvenile people that won't be happy until the Droid can beam them to other planets. I'll be happy with just a touch better performance, maybe an extra app or a better app interface here or there, and the addition of two more screens. Not expecting a night and day difference, for that you'll need some newer hardware, down the road a few months or so.

moot

Reaction score
Please remember that Google had a huge hand in the development of the Moto Droid.

They are not about to abandon it or the N1 anytime soon. Even when new Android devices are released they will continue to support the devices.

This is good to know. I feel all safe and warm inside. :)

Droids

Reaction score
iDon't can beam me to Mars but the Droid can only do the moon. The promised 2.1 update claims Saturn, Jupiter, etc but I'll believe it when I see it. Until then Droid = Major Fail.