Root or Wait for 2.1.......

NYZ93

Reaction score
do you guys think i should root my phone now or wait it out for 2.1 i mean all i really want is the new os

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hm..i would say root. If you can do it and get bugless beauty running then you wont regret it. It's so much faster and smoother than 2.01. Also, has better browsing, photo viewer, movie viewer, clock, and base theme.

vearix

Reaction score
I just rooted and am running at 800mhz. It is amazing and completely worth it. Only takes like 20 minutes as well.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Rooting isn't for EVERYONE.

However, simple APK downloads with the help of ASTRO file Manager certainly can be!

I'm running the Gallery for pics and video with no problems as well as the slightly revamped music player.

The launcher [5 home screens and new app drawer] Is still quite buggy with rooting.

There are better links to get the files, and you don't have to extract them if you use ASTRO file manager.

You can simply navigate to anywhere that has the gallery.apk or other apk links or .zip files for download on your Droid and click them. ASTRO can open .zip and all you have to do is install them.

Makes the wait a little easier!

***EDIT: Sorry...I meant to put a link here, but decided the thread I had wasn't very good. Do some searching. You can find that some of the best parts of 2.1 are available without rooting!

mach330

Reaction score
i'm waiting as well....i did see that bugless beauty and i'm quite tempted.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea, I guess it does depend on what youre expecting from 2.1. It still wont have pinch to zoom anything, still wont have mediaflow for music, still wont run at the same speed as bugless. It will be the same phone with a new app dock and for pics, and a new widget.

if you want it to seem like a different experience, root it.

pyro6128

Reaction score
has the keyboard back-light issue been resolved when running 2.1 on the droid? Thats pretty much the only thing stopping me from rooting at this point. All this overclock talk really has me wanting to up the speed on this badboy.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.......whould like to know this too. ^^^^^

OP
NYZ93

NYZ93

Reaction score
yea cuz i wanna overclock the hell out of it and get the new ui