Wait for 2.1 or root now - motodroid

MrKleen

Reaction score
If anything that Droid users guide should show you they are in no rush to get us our update. That has been there a long time. They are not giving us any indication that the update is coming any time soon.

It would be nice if they would tell us something other than soon. It's almost been a month since they told us soon. Good grief.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If anything that Droid users guide should show you they are in no rush to get us our update. That has been there a long time. They are not giving us any indication that the update is coming any time soon.

It would be nice if they would tell us something other than soon. It's almost been a month since they told us soon. Good grief.

Good point, they really should hire the developers that are building custom roms, if I was motorola and someone put out a useable 2.1 rom ( and especially if they able to port flash) before my developers, I am cleaning house, or atleast hire adam or the droidmod guys to give my developers a class or something.

ipawd1

Reaction score
I learned from having a Blackberry Storm, don't wait on updates. When you see opportunity, chance it. I had a leaked Blackberry 5.0 OS 6 months before the rest of the world. Im doing the same thing with my Droid.

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
IMO... Hands down Root..

but as many others have said do your research and know everything you can about rooting

This site is awesome for help.. also Rootyourdroid.info has some really good tutorials.. even with pics :) everything from definitions to a "brick scale" which basically rates how likely any given "hack/mod" is to "Brick" aka brake, your phone