2.1 Update

Skizz135

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just curious as if anyone knows what is supposed to be included in the 2.1 OS update?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Hey all,

Just curious as if anyone knows what is supposed to be included in the 2.1 OS update?

For Sure? No....anyone's guess....

skim7x

Reaction score
Soo... are we sure that 2.1 will come to Droid anytime in the near future (next 6 months?) because the other Droid devices are still without 2.0.1... seems like it'll be another year before Moto Droid gets 2.1...

Vitticeps

Reaction score
2.0 was made specifically for the Droid, that's why no other device has 2.0.1. They are going straight to 2.1 or above for future devices.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can put 2.1 on your Droid right now with the one that was pulled from the Nexus One phone. Since the Droid is Verizon's flagship device right now, I seriously doubt it will take very long to have an official 2.1 update.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Soo... are we sure that 2.1 will come to Droid anytime in the near future (next 6 months?) because the other Droid devices are still without 2.0.1... seems like it'll be another year before Moto Droid gets 2.1...

From what I've seen from leaked videos, there are quite a few UI enhancements (Live Wallpapers, Music, Launcher, etc...) And most likely some bug fixes. Not sure though as all of this is based on 2.1 running on the Nexus.

The rumor is that the next update (which is suppose to come on the 22th) will be 2.1. So hopefully (crossing my fingers) we'll all be getting it in the next 3 weeks.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jan 22nd is next update (rumored) and 2.1 is the OS (rumored) :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Difference being is that the Droid is a Google experience phone so it will get all the latest updates. Google worked with Moto and VZW on the Droid so they will surely support the OS.

It will remain relavent for a while.

Frankiebonez

Reaction score
Looking forward to this update for sure! Is 2.0.1 the latest as of right now? I saw a post online that 2.0.2 is out but I dont know if the source was reputable at all.

Berzerker

Reaction score
Looking forward to this update for sure! Is 2.0.1 the latest as of right now? I saw a post online that 2.0.2 is out but I dont know if the source was reputable at all.
The January 22nd update will either be 2.0.2 or 2.1, more leaning towards 2.1 to compete with the Nexus One that's getting released in a couple days.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Droid is running great. I'm in no hurry or need for an update.

skim7x

Reaction score
I'm just worried that the new OS won't run very smoothly on our Droid hardware... =/ The Nexus has what, twice the RAM? I saw someone running the 2.1 on a rooted Droid and it didn't look very smooth =/ Can we upgrade RAM!?!?

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I'm just worried that the new OS won't run very smoothly on our Droid hardware... =/ The Nexus has what, twice the RAM? I saw someone running the 2.1 on a rooted Droid and it didn't look very smooth =/ Can we upgrade RAM!?!?

The RAM on which the OS runs is not upgradeable in the Droid, no...

And the 2.1 that's out on the "black market" right now is optimized for the Nexus One, not the Droid. Ergo, it will run a little roughly on the Droid. The 2.1 that is officially released to the Droid will be optimized for its capabilties, I'm sure.