$150 Lapdock 500

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Just called them and they advised stock was just replenished and my order was in-queue for shipment processing but due to one-week delay she will ship overnight next business day so I will get it Monday. Sounds like I was stuck and probably not in-queue lol, oh well at least now I have a receive date:icon_ lala:

Thanks mleber for the recommendation!

jtpowell

Reaction score
I still haven't gotten a lot of time to spend using my lapdock, but here are some first impressions:
As a side note, I wrote this mini-review on my lapdock. I would never even try to write something like this on my phone. :biggrin:
But you did write it on your phone ;)

mleber

Reaction score
Just called them and they advised stock was just replenished and my order was in-queue for shipment processing but due to one-week delay she will ship overnight next business day so I will get it Monday. Sounds like I was stuck and probably not in-queue lol, oh well at least now I have a receive date:icon_ lala:

Thanks mleber for the recommendation!

You are welcome!

DrakeMK3

Reaction score
It looks like the deal is over. They're showing them as $50 off now, so it's $249.99. Rats!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like the dam broke. I received an email with the same shipment information and mine was already set for overnight delivery. So I'll expect it on Monday. Frankly, I'm not sure what I'll do with it but my gadget obsession wouldn't let me pass it up.

mcsoul

Reaction score
Looks like the dam broke. I received an email with the same shipment information and mine was already set for overnight delivery. So I'll expect it on Monday. Frankly, I'm not sure what I'll do with it but my gadget obsession wouldn't let me pass it up.

I had to call in, but they gave it to me for $125 because they lost my order.

But x2 on the gadget obsession, and not really needing this thing in the first place!!

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I had to call in, but they gave it to me for $125 because they lost my order.

But x2 on the gadget obsession, and not really needing this thing in the first place!!

But you gotta admit that it's a very cool concept for a phone to provide your connection and it's available in a 14" two view screen as well as full sized keyboard and all of the I/O connections plus two functioning USB ports!

mcsoul

Reaction score
But you gotta admit that it's a very cool concept for a phone to provide your connection and it's available in a 14" two view screen as well as full sized keyboard and all of the I/O connections plus two functioning USB ports!

Oh yes, if it were not cool, I'd pass it on by!

usable mobile full sized keyboard solution for phone - $50 minimum (I would like the apple magic so really $69, but it has no touch pad)
USB hub extension for phone with SD card reader - $25
mini-hdmi to vga solution - usually hokey to use no less than $50
external battery - guessing 36WH is about 8000Mah or about 4 normal RAZR charge cycles - $45 or so
14" screen - not the highest quality, I'm giving it maybe $50 of value
usb ethernet - $15

Having it all engineered into one slick laptop like package tailored for my phone - priceless.

jonso7

Reaction score
Just got word that mine will arrive on Monday. I ordered it on 2/24 at about 8:00PM PST. It sounds like if you got an order in for the $150 price, you will get one.

Dan8785

Reaction score
Just a heads up. I just spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Verizon because they couldn't FIND my order for my lapdock that I had placed on Sunday February 26th at 8:30 am. I received a confirmation email and everything. The first person I talked to didnt' even KNOW what a lapdock was. He kept asking what it was and what it did because he had never heard of it. Finally after looking through his "listings" he found the lapdock 100 and said they don't make a 500. I had to convince him about 10 minutes until he finally found that Verizon offered a 500!!!! Long story short, he FINALLY directed me to the "online ordering department" and they found my order and let me know that it's because they're still out of stock. He said there are still a lot of people ahead of me in the queue and to not expect it to ship anytime soon. So looks like if you ordered it after Saturday, you're in for quite the wait! If you want to call the internet order center directly to avoid being bounced around person to person the number is 866-338-7390.00

TwoBuells

Reaction score
ordered mine on Sat morning, the unit came on Wed. works good but I had to flash my phone back to stock.
any ICS roms work with the Lapdock? or are there any other Webtop apps or mods?

ndd

Reaction score
has anyone tried the lapdock with ubuntu for the droid? it seems to work, but the only way I can move the cursor in the ubuntu window is to hold down the left mouse button (I'm using a USB mouse) and then move the mouse. the cursor then kind of follows the mouse, but not at all fast or smoothly.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
has anyone tried the lapdock with ubuntu for the droid? it seems to work, but the only way I can move the cursor in the ubuntu window is to hold down the left mouse button (I'm using a USB mouse) and then move the mouse. the cursor then kind of follows the mouse, but not at all fast or smoothly.

Driver issue?

coreymcl

Reaction score
Just an update to those of us who are waiting for theirs. I called Verizon this morning and the Lapdock 500 is still on backorder. They couldn't provide an ETA either. I did find one in a store but they would not honor this special price. In fact they wouldn't even give me my 35% accessories discount on it.

DeeMat

Reaction score
I just had FedEx deliver mine this morning (ordered on 2/24). Let's see how this thing plays.