$150 Lapdock 500

buck i

Reaction score
Thank you! I figured out what each one meant but did not know about there charging at certain percentages. How did you figure that out? I am finding very little useful documentation for this product.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

There's some useful information located in the help menu. Click the gear icon in the taskbar, then click Help.

mcsoul

Reaction score
Seems like I'm the only one on the RAZR forum that cares about VPN; but just in case I'll give an update.

I'm happy to report that the lapdock 500 embedded firefox works with the new RAZR compatible unrooted Cisco VPN anyconnect;
I just had to start vpn before I dock it. The embedded firefox imported my work bookmark .json backup file from my
work firefox browser off of usb flash. Between full firefox, email, phone and Jabiru I effectively have a full laptop replacement when
away from work. Round it out with a wireless usb mouse and a bluetooth headset, I'm gtg. In some ways it's better than a laptop.

I'm very happy with the lapdock 500 / RAZR combo. It's actually more than I hoped it would be.

Room for improvement:
The touchpad is not great and the RAZR dock in back is not the best either. Hdmi out would be nice too.

DeeMat

Reaction score
I am enjoying the lapdock so far. I ordered a wireless mouse and keyboard which should get here next week. The trackpad on the lapdock has a lot of room for improvement - it is useable, but not ideal.

Ed270

Reaction score
I am enjoying the lapdock so far. I ordered a wireless mouse and keyboard which should get here next week. The trackpad on the lapdock has a lot of room for improvement - it is useable, but not ideal.

Same here. I had a few issues at first ( trackpad had moments when it would not respond ) but now everything seems to be fine. It was a great buy for $150

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I activated my FoxFi application hotspot on my Razr Maxx and connected my iPad 2 to that hotspot and was able to open my iPad 2s browser. I then connectd my Razr Maxx to my LapDock 500 while my iPad 2 was still connected to the hotspot and open the Lapdock 500s browser. Result was two devices connected to the Verizon network through my Razr Maxx. Cool!

coreymcl

Reaction score
I wonder what's up with these dock being out of stock for so long? Every couple of days I check Verizon's website to see if they are back in stock so hopeful my order won't be canceled at this great price.

Billyd

Reaction score
Oh well, he who hesitates. :frown:
Subscribed, fingers crossed.
Thnx regardless.
X/BillyD..

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I talked to them yesterday and they said they only get a few in at a time and then send them right out. I imagine they have quite a large number of people on back order being as the price was so good. I shall wait patiently, better to get it later rather than never. At least they didn't cancel my order (yet).

DeeMat

Reaction score
After a few days of using the lapdock, I have decided to keep it. I think it will come in handy when traveling. Since I am not a big fan of the trackpad, I bought the Motorola wireless mouse - I also bought the Motorola wireless keyboard to use with the HD Station. This way I can keep my butt on the couch.

Oaklands

Reaction score
Shoot them an email. Same thing happened to me and they mysteriously had one ready to go for me. You are probably lost in the shuffle. Just reply to the email they sent you on the backorder.

coreymcl;[URL="tel:2056606" said:
2056606[/URL]]I wonder what's up with these dock being out of stock for so long? Every couple of days I check Verizon's website to see if they are back in stock so hopeful my order won't be canceled at this great price.

mleber

Reaction score
A few dumb questions if I may...I've played around with the lapdock for a while now and I like it, not worth $300 but it was worth th $150 I paid for it...

Couple of questions for lapdock users:

When my Razr Maxx is plugged in and my phone rings, should I be able to hear and talk through the lapdock? It doesn't seem to function that way. So, I can be listening to music through the lapdock but if the phone rings and I talk on the phone the volume is only coming through the phone, not the lapdock.

Secondly, what apps are people using to utilize the webcam? I tried it with Oovoo and it didn't work.

Thanks!

Ed270

Reaction score
mleber;[URL="tel:[URL="tel:2062403" said:
2062403[/URL]"]2062403[/URL]]A few dumb questions if I may...I've played around with the lapdock for a while now and I like it, not worth $300 but it was worth th $150 I paid for it...

Couple of questions for lapdock users:

When my Razr Maxx is plugged in and my phone rings, should I be able to hear and talk through the lapdock? It doesn't seem to function that way. So, I can be listening to music through the lapdock but if the phone rings and I talk on the phone the volume is only coming through the phone, not the lapdock.

Secondly, what apps are people using to utilize the webcam? I tried it with Oovoo and it didn't work.

Thanks!

Phone calls are handled by the phones speakers.:icon_evil:
I haven't used the Web cam feature but would imagine Skype would work since it does on the phone.

Edit: Just tried Skype.It works in mobile view with the phone app and uses the lapdock web cam.

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So I emailed them asking about my order since it has been about a month now. They emailed back saying they have some in stock buy can't process my order to my account since I just ordered the Razr Maxx on my account and they have a $400 limit. FML

Pay day isn't until Friday so I will have to call them back then and see how it goes, I might just cancel my order because I just bought a new laptop and since I tether with my phone anyway. I kind of seems like the Lapdock might not be as useful as it was before.

BigE"s DROID

Reaction score
I just called and was on phone for over 20min.had to email them my original confirmation and confirm that i wasnt trying to screw them cause evidently they couldnt find my order number in computer...Anyway they said they have plenty in stock and order should have been filled 2 weeks ago...another great service from vzw great website!!!

Mines on the way...

trtuttle

Reaction score
That is funny because they told me they are not in stock and don't know when they will be back in stock. VZW ?