1.1.1 Sapphire Release and an Anoucement

LVGDroidFan

Reaction score
Getting dialer force close loop after reboot with the incognito theme (on the initial Android sign-in screen). Tried flashing twice after full wipes - same result both times.

Not sure if it's a 1.1.1 problem or a theme problem and too tired to sort it out - back to my nandroid backup for the time being.

hakaida

Reaction score
I'll wait for someone to post the camera apk or the dx theme is available.

Bateluer

Reaction score
I suppose I should update from 1.0 now . . .dancedroid

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok I just noticed when downloading from rom manager Cvpcs or sniffle not sure who does the rm stuff has the order wrong. It installs the gapps last. This will undo all of the themed gapps. The order should be. Rom/gapps/kernel/theme. So if you guys are using rom manager to install. Don't flash a theme do that after the rom has loaded.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
The best reason to get 1.1.1 is simply because, unlike with 1.1, the black bar mod theme is officially supported on the ccroms release page. That as well as the new camera .apk in addition to gmail being updated (with the release). Also Google search and voice search weren't included with the release (they're in the market) so updating is no longer a hassle.

Ok, that said, I went to the wiki and dont see the gapps update for 1.1, so my question is this:

running 1.0 (Happily I might add, except for not having my black bar
:( ), then I can install 1.1 over it? (just a cache wipe?)

Do I need to reinstall the gapps 1.0? and then the black bar 1.1?

burgeke

Reaction score
Now that Google search has been removed along with voice search, the physical search button on the droid 1 doesn't work. I downloaded Google search and voice search from the market and also tried a reboot. It is just the short press (Google search) that doesn't seem to work. A long press (voice search) works fine.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
may need the file moved from data to system and renamed, like for 1.0, but I havent yet checked, still awaiting an answer to my post above before I delve in :)

LT*

Reaction score
Ok, that said, I went to the wiki and dont see the gapps update for 1.1, so my question is this:

running 1.0 (Happily I might add, except for not having my black bar
:( ), then I can install 1.1 over it? (just a cache wipe?)

Do I need to reinstall the gapps 1.0? and then the black bar 1.1?

This was me yesterday. I had the same question, but figured what the hell, if anything isn't playing nice I can always wipe everything and try again. So far, with wiping cache only, I've had no issues. I have the BnB theme over it, and I update the kernel to the lv 125-1000. So far I've had no problems, and things seem to be running smoothly.

plaidman

Reaction score
Now that Google search has been removed along with voice search, the physical search button on the droid 1 doesn't work. I downloaded Google search and voice search from the market and also tried a reboot. It is just the short press (Google search) that doesn't seem to work. A long press (voice search) works fine.

may need the file moved from data to system and renamed, like for 1.0, but I havent yet checked, still awaiting an answer to my post above before I delve in :)

This is a similar issue to 1.1.0 - the physical button is looking for an application in /system/app/ but the downloaded version is in /data/app/. After you download the search app from the market, you can also download a command line tool (ConnectBot is what I use, connect to localhost) and do the following commands to make the search button work again. Or, if you have it, you could probably do this in RootExplorer easier.

su
sysrw
cp /data/app/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk /system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
rm /data/app/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-1.apk
sysro
reboot

Then the button will work again after the phone has come back from rebooting.

Note these are basically the same instructions as were in the 1.1.0 release, but I'm retyping them here for the new thread (and also to correct a command that was incorrect the first time around). Perhaps another 2nd post hijacking for tips, Sniffle?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Kewl LT,
Found the link to the gapps 1.1.1...

So I'll flash the update and gapps with a cache wipe, see how that works, then get black bar back on. :)