Screen Shots and Discussion for themes 1.1.1

Ozzie

Reaction score
Ok guys...now I get it...thank you sir for clarifying this and I'll be grabbing BlacknBold as soon as it's updated.
I was wondering what the heck was going on...I just rewiped and will be reinstalling again...love the all black look...:)

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'll do the update, since I have more images added since last release. As well as the new gmail inverted.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll do the update, since I have more images added since last release. As well as the new gmail inverted.

Sweet! Will the rotary lockscreen be themed? I know iccu said something about the icons not themeing in the rotary lockscreen in UD, so I didn't know if you themed it.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't have the rotary background themed just yet, but the rest of it is.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have the rotary background themed just yet, but the rest of it is.
that is fine. just thought I'd ask :)
This is working out rather well...thank you guys for your efforts!
I agree. This makes the 2nd full theme for my build, though I couldn't get incognito orange to download and he never posted a regular download link.

chewy74

Reaction score
Thanks tank. I just tried flashing the ROM and cotton candy theme and got stuck at the rotating gem. Wiped 3 times along with cache 3 times. Thought it was the theme, but wiped again and reapplied ROM and got stuck at the gem again

Any thoughts

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Theme has been updated and is available in my thread.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks tank. I just tried flashing the ROM and cotton candy theme and got stuck at the rotating gem. Wiped 3 times along with cache 3 times. Thought it was the theme, but wiped again and reapplied ROM and got stuck at the gem again

Any thoughts

You are running 1.1.1 and are grabbing the version intended for sapphire right?

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Is it even remotely possible go back through the rotary lockscreen code and fix it so it displays properly regardless of what screen density the user has selected? To the best of my knowledge wouldn't that just involve not using hard coded image sizes but instead use relative positioning and sizing of the rotary lockscreen images?

I know that there are a decent number of people using different densities other than the stock 240. For instance mine is set to 200 and the rotary control on the right side doesn't fit all the way over to the right edge of the screen. One thing to take into account is that whenever you add a new feature you cam never just assume that the enduser will have their OS set up the same across the board. This is a bug that should have been resolved before releasing it...unless we are the testers :)

I wanted to post this here and not under bug reports because I know you worked on giving us this nice little update. Oh, and just providing a warning to users stating that unless they use a.certain lcd density then the rotary lockscreen will look a little off. You can't do this, especially considering that you guys are wanting to do this professionally and by the book. My suggestion would be to either implement a fix for this which can support any lcd density (or at least the major popular ones) or pull the rotary lockscreen from the next release until it's fixed or indefinately.

chewy74

Reaction score
Yes. I grabbed the ROM directly from their page and theme from the link you posted.

Wife got impatient and couldn't wait so restored last backup. Will try again some other time

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it even remotely possible go back through the rotary lockscreen code and fix it so it displays properly regardless of what screen density the user has selected? To the best of my knowledge wouldn't that just involve not using hard coded image sizes but instead use relative positioning and sizing of the rotary lockscreen images?

I know that there are a decent number of people using different densities other than the stock 240. For instance mine is set to 200 and the rotary control on the right side doesn't fit all the way over to the right edge of the screen. One thing to take into account is that whenever you add a new feature you cam never just assume that the enduser will have their OS set up the same across the board. This is a bug that should have been resolved before releasing it...unless we are the testers :)

I wanted to post this here and not under bug reports because I know you worked on giving us this nice little update. Oh, and just providing a warning to users stating that unless they use a.certain lcd density then the rotary lockscreen will look a little off. You can't do this, especially considering that you guys are wanting to do this professionally and by the book. My suggestion would be to either implement a fix for this which can support any lcd density (or at least the major popular ones) or pull the rotary lockscreen from the next release until it's fixed or indefinately.

this was a port of the 2.0 lockscreen and nothing more.. it was not designed to work on different screen densities. Maybe file it as a feature request b/c it isn't a bug. Many stay with stock density because some apps don't work right otherwise.

Sent from my Droid