[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports

pcpimp

Reaction score
Can anyone give me more info on a issue I am having with Bluetooth headset and audio playing. I have installed BTMono but can not get any audio to go to my headset.(other than calls) I know the headset works fine. I have tested it with another phone running Liberty 2.01 and it works great! I am on Liberty GB v0.8 Any help would be great!! Think is could be a GB issue?

pcpimp

Reaction score
Can anyone give me more info on a issue I am having with Bluetooth headset and audio playing. I have installed BTMono but can not get any audio to go to my headset.(other than calls) I know the headset works fine. I have tested it with another phone running Liberty 2.01 and it works great! I am on Liberty GB v0.8 Any help would be great!! Think is could be a GB issue?

I found some info on this...

Looks like the issue is with Motorola's Gingerbread release.

I spoke with an awesome tech support person at Verizon (Nikki) about losing the bluetooth audio in my car (Infiniti G35) like everyone else. She took the time to track down the manufacturer of the bluetooth system in the car, called them and discovered that it is a widespread problem, and that a fix is in the works. Apparently the manufacturer and Motorola are working on an OTA fix and hope to have it out in about a week and a half. That was yesterday (6/22.) Nikki also mentioned that is possible to flash back to Froyo if you do not want to wait. Hope this helps!

JRummy can you please make it work!!!! :)

ehudokai

Reaction score
Running V0.8 Liberty ROM. I noticed the other day when I was using a webpage with the stock browser that the link to dial numbers isn't working. It seems to be launching the phone dial pad properly, but the phone number isn't copied over into the dial pad. Not a big deal but it is nice to have that feature.

Thanks Liberty Team.
Second. I'm having the same problem with phone number links.

Also having a problem with the blur Corporate Sync not syncing calendars with either the Blur calendar or the standard calendar. Anyone else seen this problem?

Overall love the rom!

Thanks guys!dancedroid

km75

Reaction score
I solved my issues with the Dalvik Cache Wipe. I see no themes in Rom Manager ( I can not stand this yellow!) Can't add Facebook account.

There is a gingercomb juiced theme available now. Came out fairly recent Dark blue colored theme. Actually its pretty nice. I didn't like all that yellow either. Its not in the rom manager but the apk for it is on one of these forums

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

draexo

Reaction score
Yes, found it. Juiced. Very nice. Cant get social networking widget to load, however, Im able to use the facebook app. I really only use it for those occasional facebook messages, so no big deal.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

km75

Reaction score
Yes, found it. Juiced. Very nice. Cant get social networking widget to load, however, Im able to use the facebook app. I really only use it for those occasional facebook messages, so no big deal.

By default the social networking app is disabled on the rom. Go into liberty settings>customize and enable it. Then the widget should work for you

draexo

Reaction score
Yes I've done this and rebooted still not working. The facebook widget works as does the status widget. Social networking does not. Ideas?

km75

Reaction score
Yes I've done this and rebooted still not working. The facebook widget works as does the status widget. Social networking does not. Ideas?

When you say social networking are you talking about making it so that if you get a reply comment etc on fb you get a notification in the notification bar? If that's what you're talking about I have no clue. But I would love to know how to get that feature back myself. I'm going to go look at the droid2 hacks and see if someone found a workaround for that. In the meantime if you find a way please let me know

xpbr2000

Reaction score

Im going to take a crack at this one.... lol

In the stock rom there is a facebook account. Im guessing social networking uses this account. However if your like me the customizer will not add a facebook account. When you install facebook app it will add another facebook account type to your phone. But social networking may only use the stock facebook account not the one the app installs..... im just guessing though

Sent from my DROIDX

km75

Reaction score

Im going to take a crack at this one.... lol

In the stock rom there is a facebook account. Im guessing social networking uses this account. However if your like me the customizer will not add a facebook account. When you install facebook app it will add another facebook account type to your phone. But social networking may only use the stock facebook account not the one the app installs..... im just guessing though

Sent from my DROIDX

Based off your post I came up with something. I uninstalled my twitter and fb apps. When I went into add account I was able to click on the twitter icon and enable it. Unfortunately the fb icon failed to show up. But its progress. I will update in a few

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just go into root explorer, go to the extracted customizer folder, find the apps or widgets you want and just manually install them. Works fine for me

Droid 2 zombiestomped v1.71

draexo

Reaction score
Just go into root explorer, go to the extracted customizer folder, find the apps or widgets you want and just manually install them. Works fine for me

I see all the apps.... It does not work from folders either. When I try to create the widget, I configure it and hit save and it exits without ever creating the widget.

Reaction score
After wiping everything including Dalvik cache, I have found 0.8 to be more stable than 0.7. In fact, I haven't experienced any bugs to speak of. I think many issues are caused by failure to wipe EVERYTHING after installing. Also using the full system restore option in the toolbox (pro) will definitely cause issues; restore apps+data is the way to go.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's usually the case. If you don't wipe thoroughly, don't expect to have a clean rom.