To anyone planning to post in our forums, we have a request, Please Read

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
Recently we have had a rash of users from other roms coming and and saying how great and wonderful there rom is trying to pull users away from us, and our users are getting annoyed with this practice.

to our users, thank you for staying loyal to us. please DO NOT pick up this practice. it is not only annoying to the users of other toms but also the makers of the roms as well.

to users of other roms, please stop. it's rude and quite annoying. people have the right to choose what they want to run, and make there own decisions without having someone try to shove it in their face.

to the mods, you have our permission, when we are unable to do so, to please close/delete any posts/threads that deal with people coming in and interrupting what would otherwise be normal helpful conversation by people trying to advertise other roms.

this is a simple request nothing more, if it gets ignored, please don't get angry when posts/threads are deleted/locked.

thanks for taking the time to read,
Sniffle

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This should be a Sticky across the board, not only is it inconsiderate, but it starts arguments and gets Threads closed

TYVM sniffle for bringing this to the forefront

OP
S

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
i may end up deleting posts and locking this thread.

i know we all have opinions on how we interpret what i said, and it all boils down to the same thing.

please jsut take it for what it is no name calling notification to all, and leave it at that.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see any reason to do that. Leave it open, I totally agree that this thing with "My ROM is better then your ROM" is something that is totally unnecessary. It reminds me of the garbage I use to see in a well known Blackberry Forum whose name I won't mention. We don't want that here in the Droid Forums. If you were to stick this post it wouldn't be a bad idea.

wingdo

Reaction score
Recently we have had a rash of users from other roms coming and and saying how great and wonderful there rom is trying to pull users away from us, and our users are getting annoyed with this practice.

to our users, thank you for staying loyal to us. please DO NOT pick up this practice. it is not only annoying to the users of other toms but also the makers of the roms as well.

to users of other roms, please stop. it's rude and quite annoying. people have the right to choose what they want to run, and make there own decisions without having someone try to shove it in their face.

:yeahbaby01::woot::gotmyvote:

D2Enigma

Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me, but this post sounds very commercial.
Is this what it all comes down to? Stay away from our customers?

tyroniousdex

Reaction score
It's just you. The responses from those in question are never helpful and and often immature. it is a shame that someone has to take the time and formally address this.

wingdo

Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me, but this post sounds very commercial.
Is this what it all comes down to? Stay away from our customers?

Not trying to tread into an area which will get a post deleted, but what this comes down to is a lot of us are tired of Sapphire users starting a thread which has a question / issue / bug and having users (mostly from one particular ROM) replying back with a basic response of "you need to try (or run) XyZ instead of Sapphire and you will not have these problems. The responses are nothing more than juvenile at best and trolling at worst.

This forum is for Sapphire and Sapphire support. It is not at all helpful to the user base to have someone come in here saying "your ROM sucks, use this one instead" which is what they amount to.

It's not much different than someone on a Ford forum telling you that they don't have this issue with a Chevy and you should get a Chevy instead. Or someone responding back in here "the iPhone doesn't have this issue, Droid's suck". I understand people can be enthusiastic with their particular setup, but coming in here stirring the pot like that is not what DF is about.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
So this thread doesn't get thrown off course this type of behavior applies across ALL the developers areas.

We have a lokjcy in place that clearly defines that this type of behavior will result in an immediate 30 day vacation.

Its disruptive and disrespectful to post things like this to not only the developer's but also the users.

We only ask everyone to be respectful in the forums. Nothing more nothing less. I don't think its too much to ask everyone to just be kind and respectful to one another.

I'd like to think we can have a great cohesive forum with out any uneccesary bickering.

Lets all come together and make it happen.

Sent from my Droid

D2Enigma

Reaction score
First of all, if anyone posted here as "your ROM sucks, use this one instead," they deserve a kick in the butt for being stupid. No doubt about it. that is just plain stupid.
He definitely deserves 30 day vacation from forum.

However, if a user posts that there was a problem that they are having a problem with, pointing to a user with another that does not have that problem is not necessarily a bad idea. Let me use myself here as an example.

I got to try Sapphire after reading the interview with CVPCS on droid-life. Since then, I've been a very happy camper until I discovered a problem. I've reported(actually someone else reported it after our conversation) the problem and been waiting for a fix since then. However, that problem was such a deal breaker for me, I had to find a solution. I've tried many different things, but at the end I decided to give another rom a shot. Fortunately, that fixed the problem. So what is the first thing I do? I ran to IRC and let the devs know how I fixed the issue. Which I think would give sapphire devs to look at the difference rather than just trying to fix it. My thoughts were that it would be giving them a shortcut to a solution.

wingdo said:
It's not much different than someone on a Ford forum telling you that they don't have this issue with a Chevy and you should get a Chevy instead. Or someone responding back in here "the iPhone doesn't have this issue, Droid's suck".
You have a very good point here. This is exactly what I saw. Because the response from Ford would be, "Hey! stay away from our customers!" Very commercial indeed.

This is an open community for Droid(or android). I really wish we would see more collaboration rather than completely isolating different builds.

OP
S

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
All it is, is asking for courtesy, nothing more. I just chose to type it out, because it seems in the android world any common courtesy grey areas are subject to exploitation.

Armyof2

Reaction score
First of all, if anyone posted here as "your ROM sucks, use this one instead," they deserve a kick in the butt for being stupid. No doubt about it. that is just plain stupid.
He definitely deserves 30 day vacation from forum.

However, if a user posts that there was a problem that they are having a problem with, pointing to a user with another that does not have that problem is not necessarily a bad idea. Let me use myself here as an example.

I got to try Sapphire after reading the interview with CVPCS on droid-life. Since then, I've been a very happy camper until I discovered a problem. I've reported(actually someone else reported it after our conversation) the problem and been waiting for a fix since then. However, that problem was such a deal breaker for me, I had to find a solution. I've tried many different things, but at the end I decided to give another rom a shot. Fortunately, that fixed the problem. So what is the first thing I do? I ran to IRC and let the devs know how I fixed the issue. Which I think would give sapphire devs to look at the difference rather than just trying to fix it. My thoughts were that it would be giving them a shortcut to a solution.

wingdo said:
It's not much different than someone on a Ford forum telling you that they don't have this issue with a Chevy and you should get a Chevy instead. Or someone responding back in here "the iPhone doesn't have this issue, Droid's suck".
You have a very good point here. This is exactly what I saw. Because the response from Ford would be, "Hey! stay away from our customers!" Very commercial indeed.

This is an open community for Droid(or android). I really wish we would see more collaboration rather than completely isolating different builds.

Problem is we don't get "hey so and so's rom doesn't this problem (or fixed said problem) maybe you could check out what they did to fix it." We get as an answer to a issue/bug "try XYZ, it's the best." I get they're probably not saying "ABC ROM" sucks, but at the same time as a community we don't want to hear it. To me if it's out in general I don't have a problem with it, but if it's in this ROMs threads, it's annoying.

I agree it's supposed to be open, but at the same time there needs to be a level of respect for the devs that busted their ass to put this product out and the testers that dealt with all the buggy builds so that these can come out as smooth as they possibly can. When you (not you specifically...universal "you") blatantly go into their threads and offer the solution of trying another ROM it seems like a slap in the face to those people and as a community the supporters of that ROM will rise up...we're protective of our devs lol

Chris.Go

Reaction score
There will always be trolls man, if your product is good "People will come Ray... People will come..."