DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Call it like it really is "honor amongst thieves". If u noticed I mentioned a few times about there not being all this drama with modded Windows OS's. That should tell u what I think about integrity ot ethics.... or where I stand.

What he did was wrong. Fine. But to go to the magnitude that it went? No fine. Then ppl using ethics n integrity? Not fine. Hell, Cyanogen, koush coulda decompiled UD 10 first, THEN went to BD saying: "Look man either u gives us credit for this n that or we gonna put on blast"

All in Private Message. Then tell him if u gonna keep trying to do this we just gonna put u on blast. All in Private Message. If BD didnt comply, then its on.

Let me say this. Had they come to me with it decompiled there wouldnt have been a big mess. I would ave pulled the links and locked the section. There was no reason or excuse for thier behavior either. That isnt bashing. I agree all parties involved were wrong. Bd is no longer supported here becuase of what he did. End result was the same but we could have had a cleaner way to go about it.
That is what I was saying earlier. They have a forum and should understand drama of any kind can be a major headache for a forum and its administrators.

cesareborgia

Reaction score
Let me say this. Had they come to me with it decompiled there wouldnt have been a big mess. I would ave pulled the links and locked the section. There was no reason or excuse for thier behavior either. That isnt bashing. I agree all parties involved were wrong. Bd is no longer supported here becuase of what he did. End result was the same but we could have had a cleaner way to go about it.[/QUOTE]

Actually this seems to me like the best solution. When someone does something they are locked down, kicked out, ignored. The American Indians did this with their children, when they displayed behavior that was not acceptable, they simply ignored them until they responded correctly.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Blackdroid has moved on, Koush and Cyanogen have moved on. The number of posts in this thread are basically just a few people still picking sides. Lets quit beating a dead horse here and move on like the original ROM developers have done. No need to get in the last word in, no matter who you side with.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will say I never even heard of a Cyan anything before I got my Droid. "BlackDroid, what did u just cal me???)..lol

IF he has taken other ppls work before.......and its proven that he has........then damn.....eventually keep taken credit for other ppl stuff is gonna catch up to u. Eventually something like that will get u blacklisted.

Reaction score
Guys if black really was gonna come clean he would have come out and done so already, from my understanding this almost the same way it went down on alldroid with pete's rom bugless beast.

You have 3 camps here in this mess
1. The people who don't care and just like ultimate droid.

2. The people who 1 have had people take credit for their work and are bothered buy it or just have a problem with the BD's lack of integrity.

3. The people who say none of you are perfect and should not have a problem with what he did because they don't.

alanb

Reaction score
My two cents is that BD isn't guilty of anything the others aren't doing. The ONLY difference is he didn't give credit where credit was due (if you believe in such nonsense). That comes down to ego. The Android OS is open source and anyone who doesn't like that shouldn't be releasing "their" version expecting credit to begin with. The CyanogenMOD puppets came in here and blew this thing way up out of proportion. They should all be banned. BD's releases were by far better that CyanogenMOD's and that's what they can't stand. BD should be reinstated with an apology from the staff here.

Sodner

Reaction score
Call it like it really is "honor amongst thieves". If u noticed I mentioned a few times about there not being all this drama with modded Windows OS's. That should tell u what I think about integrity ot ethics.... or where I stand.

What he did was wrong. Fine. But to go to the magnitude that it went? No fine. Then ppl using ethics n integrity? Not fine. Hell, Cyanogen, koush coulda decompiled UD 10 first, THEN went to BD saying: "Look man either u gives us credit for this n that or we gonna put on blast"

All in Private Message. Then tell him if u gonna keep trying to do this we just gonna put u on blast. All in Private Message. If BD didnt comply, then its on.

Let me say this. Had they come to me with it decompiled there wouldnt have been a big mess. I would ave pulled the links and locked the section. There was no reason or excuse for thier behavior either. That isnt bashing. I agree all parties involved were wrong. Bd is no longer supported here becuase of what he did. End result was the same but we could have had a cleaner way to go about it.

Instead they chose to make it a soap opera, gathered up countless CM lakies who bombarded this board for days. And what is their punishment?

Should Cyanogen ROM be removed as well for their actions? Oh wait that would really hurt the revenue here. Maybe not.

That would be like removing UD from ROM Manager. Just not financially smart.

Reaction score
My two cents is that BD isn't guilty of anything the others aren't doing. The ONLY difference is he didn't give credit where credit was due (if you believe in such nonsense). That comes down to ego. The Android OS is open source and anyone who doesn't like that shouldn't be releasing "their" version expecting credit to begin with. The CyanogenMOD puppets came in here and blew this thing way up out of proportion. They should all be banned. BD's releases were by far better that CyanogenMOD's and that's what they can't stand. BD should be reinstated with an apology from the staff here.

Wow... it is time to lock the thread nothing new is being said.:icon_eek:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
My two cents is that BD isn't guilty of anything the others aren't doing. The ONLY difference is he didn't give credit where credit was due (if you be

Wow... it is time to lock the thread nothing new is being said.:icon_eek:

We're almost at a hundred pages though ;p lol j/k

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DroidxRage

Reaction score
106242356.zeMh4EiE.beatingadeadhorse.gif

[video=youtube;7IU1bzZheWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IU1bzZheWk]YouTube - BEATING A DEAD HORSE WHILE PLAYING FITTING MUSIC[/video]

MrKleen

Reaction score
I've never before agreed that a thread was ready to be locked down. But I agree with the guys that are saying it's time to close it up. Peoples opinions have been expressed and all that remains are a couple guys that are having fun pretending they don't understand why this happened.

Thanks to the Administrators for allowing people to get this off their chests.

Status
Not open for further replies.