DroidForums.net & Ultimate Droid ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnDroid

It is with much regret that we announce to the community that we will no longer be able to host the BlackDroid ROM section on DroidForums.net

While our experience with BlackDroid has been fantastic and the community members have been very satisfied with both the ROM's and moreover the support he has offered, we feel that it is in the sites best interest to wish him well and move forward without his contributions.

Many allegations have surfaced and it is clear to us that at the very least some mistakes were made.

Our goal with the site has always been to offer a friendly community that helps users of all skill levels enjoy their Droids.

The recent issue has torn the forum apart, some for, some against. I feel that locking the section and moving forward is the only way to bring this community back to the friendly atmosphere it was.

We did not reach this decision lightly and I know that many users will be disappointed regardless of what direction we took, but I feel this is the right choice.

Please, I urge you to express your feelings in this thread. Please do not create any other threads to rehash the issue over and over. Let the issue be discussed here. This thread will be open for all to express their feelings, new users and old users alike. Please keep the discussion civil.

Doing many threads and flaming each other over the issue only serves to hurt other users browsing experience and that is just unfair to the community who want nothing more then to learn and enjoy.

I thank you for reading this and your patience in giving us time to come to this decision.

Moving forward, the Blackdroid section will be locked permanently. We will leave the section up for a time period so that any knowledge the community has posted will still be available.

Other threads started to discuss this issue will be merged into this one

lockman

Reaction score
Well, I guess this is what youth and arrogance get ya. He should've manned up. This would've blown over. Now hopefully this shi_ will end once and for all.

SANhacker

Reaction score
It's really sad the forum owners get caught in the middle. So childish at many levels.
<sigh>

nphil

Reaction score
Kudos, I imagine this was a really difficult decision for you guys but I'm right behind you on this one.

ldimick

Reaction score
Well, I guess this is what youth and arrogance get ya. He should've manned up. This would've blown over. Now hopefully this shi_ will end once and for all.

I agree. I am sad that this is the result. I wish he would have just been forthright about it. Kind of like Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds.

Anj

Reaction score

I agree. I am sad that this is the result. I wish he would have just been forthright about it. Kind of like Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds.

Agreed. I was supportive of him until his "coming back post" -- that sealed the deal. The beating around the bush was nowhere satisfactory and jsut made things far worse imo.

linkboy

Reaction score

It won't, something else will pop up.

I've seen it happen with the Dreamcast homebrew scene, the PSP homebrew scene and just about every other homebrew scene I've been involved it (maybe I'm the cause of it).

As for BD, its a shame since I have no problems running 9.8 (didn't even touch 10). I'm currently in the process of installing Cyanogen 5.0.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.