What features do you want in a ROM??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
That's right folks, we want to hear from YOU!

As our team was forming, I spoke with Buryboi and Wozzy about some of the things we wanted the GRD rom to include and what apps/aspects we wanted removed. We all agreed on offering a streamlined, low baggage rom that had the potential for add-ons and customizations users saw fit. We are still working to achieve this goal.
We understand that all users have different needs and tastes. With that being said, we will not be overloading our rom with every options suggested here as that could be a huge install file and lead to slow support. I'm sure you have read about Wozzy's desire for a toolbox and this is where we may be able to include some sort of "option packages" or bundles.
Our team was started because of lacking support for the needs of the D2G community so it seems fitting for us to include your thoughts and ideas as our ROM matures from these basic stages. We have great people here at the Get~R~Done dev team but even we can sometimes overlook something that others may want.

Please share what features you would like to see as CORE FEATURES in the ROM (the essentials, features you use everyday).
And we'd also like to hear the EXTRAS that you want in the ROM.

Think appearance, functionality, apps, interaction, etc.
We have our list here amongst team members, now lets see yours!

And remember to Get~R~Done!!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Screen off Music controls:
Long Press Up = next track
Long Press Down = last track
Camera button soft press = play/pause
Camera button long press = on/off Music Controls + a menu in settings to turn controls on/off
Volume up/down already works stock
Gotta have a Get~R~Done ringtone

jt1359

Reaction score
Well.. being able to change the battery icon to a circle with battery display in the status bar would be nice. If you could have it display every 1% like circle battery widget does that would be nice as well. Toggles in the pulldown status bar, that are customizable. A customizable lockscreen (Widgetlocker is okay, but it doesn't work with Juicedefender, and I miss the regular music controls), or at least music controls that work with all or most music players including Pandora (and Songbird). Screen off animations and delay (I'd use the app Screen Off and Lock, but I prefer using the power button). I know Liberty has a recovery safe mode option in the toolbox that has the phone boot into clockwork every time, but if there was an option to make it possible to replace the stock recovery with clockwork (holding power and x on the hard keyboard boots into clockwork instead of stock recovery) that would be nice. If that's possible. Lol I've been thinking about features I want for a while.

rusty815

Reaction score
i would like a toolbox like liberty, but i know thats being worked on :D

what i really want is a rom that is as close to stock as possible, no extra apps except for what is needed. and i would like lockscreen music controls. i would like to build the rom from the bottom up with my own apps then having to delete a few apps like i usually have to do and then install my own.

also, i would suggest that instead of using the stock launcher, you have the rom ship with a custom launcher, such as launcher pro or go launcher ex. it will really add to the user experience of the rom.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Motto is snipeing all devs the fission site has been taken offline the grd site is offline/deleted motto is picking on us devs hardcore i just waiting to check my email with a c&d next

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
I realize all the motto stuff going on now, but this forum is to get a better feel for what folks want so that when this all blows over we have something to offer

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

jt1359

Reaction score
I have never tried liberty but I think I would prefer the toolbox over something like FRM. However I did like how FRM was an outside app and automated the installing of everything including the themes and even the ROM itself. It was very noob-friendly when I was installing Fission for the first time

Reaction score
What about an overscroll feature? Kind of like what's in ultimate Droid.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

kickyindahead

Reaction score
I agree with most everyone posting before me on stuff wanted in a custom rom. I would like the ability to have just the basic of all basic vanilla no bloat crap .. toolbox idea is a really good one too. One thing i dont like about ADW launcher .. maybe i just missed it .. i dunno.. but i dont like how there isnt a dock bar like with LP.. maybe a custom launcher with some sort of dock bars ..
Oh .. and an automatic margarita maker added on to it would be nice too... :)

Reaction score
What about an overscroll feature? Kind of like what's in ultimate Droid?

The overscroll feature was a part of gingerbread, NOT ud, every gingerbread rom has it

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Actually, I have never run Ultimate Droid Gingerbread. I was talking about the old 2.2 Ultimate Droid, it had a bounce feature (similar to what the Iphone has). Also I think the older Cyanogen versions had it too.

Last edited:

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
All great ideas especially the shot idea as long as it includes jack daniels !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.