What features do you want in a ROM??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jt1359

Reaction score
led options. being able to change color, set different color for different notifications.

Blink does that, although they don't have too many options other than call and sms related stuff.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
led options. being able to change color, set different color for different notifications.

Thats a hardware limitation i believe. As far as I know, the d2g's led only goes red/blue/green with no way to change what each color is for.

rusty815

Reaction score
actually, i believe handcent gives you the option to change the color of the LED for sms notifications, ive used pretty much every color on their list and it works fine, its not a hardware limitation its just we arent given that option :p

jt1359

Reaction score
Blink gives you about 8 colors I think, from teal to yellow or purple

rockshox

Reaction score
I'd personally like to see at least one branch of the ROM (most likely the base ROM) have no features. A completely stock Android ROM (besides being rooted/bootstrapped of course).

jt1359

Reaction score
Oh, a nice feature would be having gb window transitions, and being able to choose/customize them. Similar to fission gb theme w/transitions

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
yes the base rom will be as close to vanilla as possible

jbundang9

Reaction score
either gingerbread via the upcoming Team Black Hat leak, or the next best thing, gingerbread copy/paste.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well we still don't have gingie for the d2g so can't really do anything gingie with it yet.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

2mnydgs

Reaction score
yeah, Rusty's correct about the custom led colors in handcent
It's really a handy tool to have when you're somewhere where you have to have phone on silent and "put away" (work), one glance in my desk drawer and I know who is trying to get a hold of me, and the importance (family etc)

Speed and smoothness.

I love a lot of the customization options I have with ADW Ex, (transitions, 4D app drawer, changeable dock icons and re-sizable widgets to name a few)

Being able to change font and font size would be great (I'm moderately vision impaired)

Better on screen keyboard (I still find the one on my iPod touch easiest to use)

jt1359

Reaction score
Reboot, reboot recovery, and hot reboot in powerdown menu

Status
Not open for further replies.