Get~r~done dev team will be launching the base of are rom to test out by weeks end

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
GET~R~DONE DEV TEAM WILL BE LAUNCHING THE BASE OF ARE ROM TO TEST OUT BY WEEKS END

mind you there will be no special features with this rom but this will be the base are team will be working with to develop THE GET~R~DONE ROM

we are doing this to show you guys that we are still working very hard behind the seasons for you all....please bare with us we all have lifes as well

we will not post dates as they may vary we do not & will not follow in other dev teams steps by posting false release dates

REMEMBER

GET~R~DONE

WOZZY

rusty815

Reaction score
Im really excited about this, i hardly post in these forums, im an avid xda forums user though, but ive been following team GRD since day one, i will be glad to help test this, im not a very skilled developer but i do know android very well and can help with debugging and such, can we get a little description as to what we should expect? Is it simply an alpha rom with stock google, deodexed zipaligned and rooted? That would be magnificent.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Im really excited about this, i hardly post in these forums, im an avid xda forums user though, but ive been following team GRD since day one, i will be glad to help test this, im not a very skilled developer but i do know android very well and can help with debugging and such, can we get a little description as to what we should expect? Is it simply an alpha rom with stock google, deodexed zipaligned and rooted? That would be magnificent.

Is it simply an alpha rom with stock google, deodexed zipaligned and rooted?

YES TO ALL THE ABOVE IT IS CLOSE TO WHAT BURRY BOI THROUGH TOGETHER IT IS BLUR FREE IT HAS BEEN RELEASED TO CERTAIN TEAM MEMBERS FOR TESTING IT HAS BEEN AVERAGING 1820-2020 THROUGH THE QUADRANT SCORES & THAT'S WITH US NOT MODIFYING ANYTHING YET EXCEPT GETTING RID OF THAT NASTY BLUR

I HAVE A PERSONAL VERSION THAT I HAVE BEEN TINKERING WITH THAT I WILL BE SHARING WITH THE DEV TEAM FOR POSSIBLE FURTHER DEVELOPMENT & THAT VERSION IS A LITTLE MORE BUGGY THAN I LIKE BUT THE QUADRANT SCORES ARE 3000+ EACH TIME

BUT HAS NASTY BUGS I NEED TO TRACK DOWN LIKE DELETING TEXTS MISSING NOTIFICATIONS MISSING EMAILS APPS DELETING THEMSELVES & THAT IS THE SHORT LIST OF BUGS BUT

THE BASE WE WILL RELEASE LATER IN THE WEEK WILL BE VERY STABLE
HAS BUSY BOX,ROOT,IT WAS BUILT WITH THE LATEST OTA ,IT MIGHT BE ZIPLIGNED NOT SURE YET BUT IT WILL BE DEODEXED

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Sign me up for beta testing!!!!!!!!

Its great to hear that Team GRD's work is coming along nicely! Those quadrant scores are a very nice boost from stock, even without a modded kernel! Amazing work!

I will be donating a little from every paycheck now that I have a bank accnt and direct deposit finally set up :D

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Much appreciated the testing will eb open beta th closed bets will only be released on are dev site & all site members will be allowed to test them but all open betas get posted here @ df

& donations are much appreciated as i pay 50$ out of pocket for the dev sites bandwidth

rusty815

Reaction score
That sounds amazing, those scores are spectacular. Ill definitely be donating along with kptphalkon, im a student, so i cant donate a lot, double digits, maybe triple digits :p i can definitely help with testing.

Also, zipaligning the apps makes them more efficient and less prone to errors, it may solve some of the problems your having. I seriously cant believe how much blur has been slowing down our phones. How is the global functionality? I dont need it, but im sjre others would like to know if its working or if its possible to get working.

sid_wisc

Reaction score
I’m really excited about this.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: Ever since I landed my hands on the D2G and have it working I have been following team GRD looking for things to come everyday… I have used the GRD romer and kinda liked it very much however finally gave up as I wanted to use Liberty (which I liked very much but always had some issue on my device) and it did not work that well at least on my device.
Let me know if you need me to test anything :):) I am all open for beta testing!!!!!!!! Although I am not a developer but i do know android very well (as I have an android device for last two years and had been playing with it from day one) and can help with debugging and such!!!!!!! I am running stock as of now with root and will definitely give the new ROM a shot… YOU NEVER KNOW I MIGHT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Edit: OOOOOh those quadrant scores are wonderful, I wish I can reach those one day.... I think I will with a little help and favor from you!!

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The Rom base we are releasing this week has the quadrant scores of 1800-2020

The 3000 one still has way to many bugs even for alpha I only boot up on my device on my day off's so bare with us it will come in the future

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Love how I'm on the dev team and i just now hear about this ;) joking but still...

Quadrant scores don't really mean alot but it sounds impressive. Anyways, always up for testing if you want to pm it to me.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I will 13th probally a day or two I have been working on this on the side since burry boi has started his new job & all he is not as active for the next few weeks

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Angel Pm me send me your gmail to me that way I can inform you about this stuff I have burry boi's it is a lot easier

rusty815

Reaction score
I have another question, those quadrant scores are with no modifications, right? If you guys managed to get those scores withough enabling stagefright or some other hack, then that is truly impressive, with stagefright enabled i get 2700 on quadrant :p but without stagefright, thats truly impressive. And did you guys simply keep the d2g kernel and compile everything else from source? Sorry for asking so many questions, im sure you can tell. Im excited :motdroidvert:

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Yeah keep me updated Wozzy. Been busy lately but im down to test and improve things

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.