The Ultimate Droid 3.0.0 Beta - 7 Phones - Nexus S Updated 1/10/11

illmatic636

Reaction score
Please please help...I'm stuck on 3.0 beta I have my stock HTC back up but for some reason can not restore back...rom manager will not allow me to flash to another rom. Tried to dl a new mod but it wont allow me to flash it. If at all possible does anyone have a stock HTC back up file I can get? 3.0 beta does not allow me to send pix message and does not have allot of apps that I need. Please help a newb out....lol..PLEASE..

sent from my Droid Incredible using Droid forums app.

i noticed while testing clockwork mod boot in to recovey and install your rom that way or even your restore

by the way did you get usb mounting to work

Ok is there any way you could explain a step by step..I'm brand new and don't want to screw this up...lol...thank you by the way.

Rob, what are looking for help with? Flashing UD 3.0 ?

coltzfan

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck with using the HTC IME keyboard installation option? Every time I click it results in endless force closes until I switch the keyboard. Droid 1.

I am using the HTC IME keyboard with no problems. At first I was having the same issues as you and I fixed permissions thru Rom manager and it is working fine now. Although I have to select that keyboard after a reboot.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

llt_droid

Reaction score
Robsellingdroids:
From ROM Manager menu, choose Reboot Into Recovery and click OK. This will boot your phone into recovery.
From the Recovery menu, select nandroid, then Restore. This should take you to a menu listing all backups you have. Find the one you need, and when the Confirm Restore menu comes up, scroll down to Yes - Restore. When it's finished, boot back up.

XJetJock

Reaction score
Bug report:
I use an app called "Better Keyboard" version 8. Great keyboard - much better than the android, and it is compatible with this ROM.
However, whenever I reboot the phone it disables Better Keyboard and resets to the android keyboard.
Just thought I'd mention it for those working on the full release.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Bug report:
I use an app called "Better Keyboard" version 8. Great keyboard - much better than the android, and it is compatible with this ROM.
However, whenever I reboot the phone it disables Better Keyboard and resets to the android keyboard.
Just thought I'd mention it for those working on the full release.

I'm not on this Rom, but I believe that you need to go into UD Settings and go to modified apps. Remove stock keyboard. Then go into settings and select the better keyboard. It should stick after that.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Please please help...I'm stuck on 3.0 beta I have my stock HTC back up but for some reason can not restore back...rom manager will not allow me to flash to another rom. Tried to dl a new mod but it wont allow me to flash it. If at all possible does anyone have a stock HTC back up file I can get? 3.0 beta does not allow me to send pix message and does not have allot of apps that I need. Please help a newb out....lol..PLEASE..

sent from my Droid Incredible using Droid forums app.

i noticed while testing clockwork mod boot in to recovey and install your rom that way or even your restore

Ok is there any way you could explain a step by step..I'm brand new and don't want to screw this up...lol...thank you by the way.

Did you do a Nandroid in SPL, OR a back up in Clockwork recovery? How did you back up your HTC setup?

Reaction score

Did you do a Nandroid in SPL, OR a back up in Clockwork recovery? How did you back up your HTC setup?

I got it straight. Used clockwork recovery. I knew I had the files but this beta Rom would not let me use anything .. no Rom manager and didn't know till I messed with it long enough to do Tue clockwork recovery .. thanks guys / gals. I'm sure ill run into something wrong again before its,all said and done ... lol

drewrobinso

Reaction score
Just an observation... but adjusting the screen brightness setting on the power widget reactivates the keyboard lights.

droidic

Reaction score
rotary unlock

love the rotary unlock any way to get that in a flashable .zip so i can get it on phones that can't get ud?