The Ultimate Droid 2.5.0 - All Devices - D1, INC, EVO 4G, Desire CDMA & GSM

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
Im totally looking forward to downloading this! Yay me! Looks like yet another awesome update from BackDroid!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

markwebb

Reaction score
I would highly suggest trying without wiping first. The people having issues jumped the gun and installed before BD caught the issues and was able to re-upload.

Ok, will give it a go during my break at work and report back!

nyteowl

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem that there is a switch from Launcher Pro to ADW Launcher and vice-versa with every update? Is there a reason for such frequent changes to the default launcher? It's not a huge deal, just kinda curious because my fingers are getting a little worn out from having to re-setup my desktop with every update.

Other than this minor inconvenience, I LOVE this ROM and applaud the developer for all the hard work.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem that there is a switch from Launcher Pro to ADW Launcher and vice-versa with every update? Is there a reason for such frequent changes to the default launcher? It's not a huge deal, just kinda curious because my fingers are getting a little worn out from having to re-setup my desktop with every update.

Other than this minor inconvenience, I LOVE this ROM and applaud the developer for all the hard work.

2.4 came with ADW too

nyteowl

Reaction score

2.4 came with ADW too

Okay, them maybe I'm the one screwing this up (wouldn't be the first time). Why didn't my desktop setting (widgets, shortcuts, etc) show up after flashing 2.5 over 2.4. In the past, whenever I've flashed a ROM without wiping, the desktop settings were retained.

Just to be clear, this is not a complaint about the ROM, I am just trying to learn the best way to update with the least amount of effort.

UD rocks!

b-jammin21

Reaction score
You just backup your homescreens and settings under Preferences in LP. That way, you won't have to reset your homescreens manually. Just hit restore. Doesn't backup your widgets, but it works great for me.

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

kenbarnum

Reaction score

2.4 came with ADW too

Okay, them maybe I'm the one screwing this up (wouldn't be the first time). Why didn't my desktop setting (widgets, shortcuts, etc) show up after flashing 2.5 over 2.4. In the past, whenever I've flashed a ROM without wiping, the desktop settings were retained.

Just to be clear, this is not a complaint about the ROM, I am just trying to learn the best way to update with the least amount of effort.

UD rocks!

See jammins post before this. I think you just got lucky in the past.
To my knowledge widgets are not supposed to be able to save to a homescreen backup.

nyteowl

Reaction score
2.4 came with ADW too

UD rocks!

See jammins post before this. I think you just got lucky in the past.
To my knowledge widgets are not supposed to be able to save to a homescreen backup.

Thanks guys, that worked perfectly. Hadn't seen LP's backup feature before. I just readded my widgets and all is well and right with the world.

jgwarrick

Reaction score
Is UD 2.5 released for the Droid Incredible yet? ..is so..is there a link?

sonnydroid

Reaction score
No wipe needed if coming from 2.4 right?
Or am I wrong?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

geoff5093

Reaction score
I JUST installed 2.4 yesterday, so since there was very little done I decided to wipe and install anyways. Working great!