★☆★ The Official "I got my Galaxy Nexus" Thread ★☆★

empoweredh22

Reaction score
Same pros and cons as any other Android phone, although ROM selection is pretty much non-existent at this point. (I think there might be one available.) I will say wireless tethering won't work so if that's important to you, don't bother. Verizon seems to have disabled it at the kernel level, although CM9 may be able to circumvent that problem at some point. I'd say if you're ever going to do it do it soon because the unlocking process resets your phone to factory default, so why do your setup procedure twice.

If I bought my Gnex last week can I still get this $100 rebate you speak of? I haven't heard of that before. I just call customer service and ask them to apply code S2 to my account? I did pay for it on my account rather than using a card at the store so theoretically they could still do the credit since they haven't billed me yet.

patriot95

Reaction score
:) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!¡!!!¡!!!!¡!!!!!¡!¡!!¡ :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

spikejnz

Reaction score
I bought the OG Droid on launch day back in 2009, and then upgraded to the Droid 3 in July hoping that phone would just blow me away like the Droid did in comparison to the G1. Not so. I liked the D3 considerably, but I was still left dissatisfied. The wife and I were both eligible for upgrades, so we took advantage of the D3 BoGo for $199. Fast forward to last Thursday and I realize that my father-in-law (who has a feature phone he uses maybe once a week and is also on our Family Plan) is eligible for an upgrade. I asked if I could use his upgrade and he said sure.

Aaaaand I'm now the proud owner of a G.Nex. Holy CRAP this phone is awesome! This is the upgrade I was looking for when I went from the D1 to the D3. Wow!

thewoody

Reaction score
Just got my Nexus from FedEx and it's updating now. I got the $100 3g to 4g credit and live in Ohio. It's been a good ride with my OG Droid but I'm loving this phone more and more the longer I play with it. I think I've been to the Verizon store 4 times since Thursday just to play with it in anticipation of delivery today. dancedroid

Nick D

Reaction score
My GN just arrived this afternoon, a day early! I am now playing around with it & getting it set up. It is a beautiful phone.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
My GN just arrived this afternoon, a day early! I am now playing around with it & getting it set up. It is a beautiful phone.

Congrats! :biggrin:

emarietta

Reaction score
My update is the 26... looks like I'm celebrating christmas a day late this year haha

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
I might order mine tonight! So here's my plan: call cs and ask them for the early upgrade that I am eligible for to the Gnex. When you upgrade you get $50 off, and if I do the 3g to 4g that'll bring me to 150 bucks. Can I get that price of the phone billed to my account?

Sent from the future using my Galaxy Nexus!

kdroyd

Reaction score
I might order mine tonight! So here's my plan: call cs and ask them for the early upgrade that I am eligible for to the Gnex. When you upgrade you get $50 off, and if I do the 3g to 4g that'll bring me to 150 bucks. Can I get that price of the phone billed to my account?

Sent from the future using my Galaxy Nexus!

For me the 3G to 4G is credited as a bill credit, not an instant discount and it didn't even show on my account until after checkout. But I saw it with my own two eyes!

Yes you can bill it to you account! That's what I did :)

coovee

Reaction score
i got mine yesterday. was in and out in under 20 minutes ...with a smoother rubber back cover (which gives a rubber rib all around the screen , giving space for camera and mouthpeice) me gusta..this phone is slllllllick. so glad i dumped moto

Rayv

Reaction score
Mine came on Saturday. I'm so in love with this thing! Here it is in its new home with its new outfit and matching accessories :D

(I'm fairly certain that the fact that I busted out the DSLR for a photo makes me a bigger nerd than the matching accessories do)

View attachment 44261

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Mine came on Saturday. I'm so in love with this thing! Here it is in its new home with its new outfit and matching accessories :D

(I'm fairly certain that the fact that I busted out the DSLR for a photo makes me a bigger nerd than the matching accessories do)

View attachment 44261

Please tell me yer a girl! ;)