★☆★ The Official "I got my Galaxy Nexus" Thread ★☆★

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I placed my order for my GNex on Friday (will arrive Monday morning) and what an ordeal....but I will "officially" be a GNex owner come Monday. I gave my D1 a new home and will surely miss it, but even the best of things must come to an end.

TONYCARO

Reaction score
So how do you guys like the Nexus? Is it all you expected, more or less? Cant decide between Nexus or Razr. Both are so close.:blink:

mach330

Reaction score
got mine last fri. loving it so far. it's like having a mini tablet. it is quite big, but it doesn't feel big because of how light it is and thin. I am surprised though that it didn't feel as plasticy to me as other sammy phones. it actually feels pretty solid like a moto phone. i'm glad i waited for this phone. camera is blazing fast and hd screen is amazing.

abausch

Reaction score
I've had mine for two days and I love it. I compared the Nexus and the Razr in the store, and while I thought the screen looked better on the Razr, it was ICS that sold me on the Nexus. The ability to make folders is awesome...now I can have tons of apps on just one screen, leaving the rest open for widgets. I can't wait for the Xoom to be upgraded to ICS so I can use this feature on it. 4G is smoking fast (at least here in Portland). The feel of the phone is thin and light, but not 'cheap'. The only downside so far is the battery life, but I'm playing with it so much, that's not helping matters. :happy3:

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Wish I didnt wait till today to get it... Amazing phone. So much better then my D3 and DX.

:hail:

martytoo

Reaction score
The reason I went with this over the Razr has to do with stories about the Razr overheating. Even though I have stressed this by running streaming audio while charging it has not run as hot as my old faithful D1. I wish my existing car charger worked with this but it seems to be putting out less juice than the Nexus needs!!

Some others have posted about the charger situation. Apparently there are chargers that put out more amps and this phone needs a good beefy current.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I had mixed feelings at first and was on the verge of returning it. But I am warming up to it now.

I only wish there was a decent car dock that utilized the charging pins rather than the usb that didn't frigging cost $80-90 to get.

dja1980

Reaction score
Sorry to dig this up from earlier in the thread, but I stopped at a western-burbs store last night to get the scoop on this discount. I was told that it's an account specific credit, and accounts were chosen several months ago based on certain criteria. If your account met the criteria, you were mailed a letter informing you of this, and the credit is shown on your account when the corportate store pulls you up in their system. I had them check my account and my parents' account, and neither showed the credit. I asked if I would be better to call customer service, and they told me I could try, but that there probably wasn't anything they could do since the accounts that received the credit were already chosen. I haven't tried calling yet, but I figured I'd share what I've learned so far.
UPDATE... I called customer service on Saturday, and I did, in fact, have the credit on my account. Actually, my account was showing 2x $100 (3g to 4g) + 1x $30 (new every 2) credits. My parents' account was also showing 1x $100 (3g to 4g) + 1x $50 (new every 2).

I'm not sure why the stores are having such a difficult time seeing this credit, but it was a lot easier after I called customer service. The person I spoke to added very detailed notes to the accounts, and when we went back to the store, they were able to apply the credit. My mom ended up with the Razr for $149 (upgraded from D2 on their family plan). My wife also went to the Razr for $169 (upgraded from D1 on our family plan). I'm still undecided on which phone to get. The $100 credit expires on 12/31, so I need to make up my mind soon!

kdroyd

Reaction score
I got my Nexus on Friday. Got it for $249 in the store (plus tax) and will have a $100 credit on my next bill with the 3G to 4G promotion. I had to call Customer Service 2x on Thursday to get someone to add it to my account, saying it was reference code S2. So when I went into the store on Friday, I didn't know what to expect. The guy I was working with was not at all surprised that I already had my mind made up when I went into the store, though he did try to talk me into a Xyboard...I was like, uh no (I'll be getting an Asus Transformer Prime when it comes out, hopefully!) So we went back to his computer and I asked him about the $100 for the 3 to 4G promo. He looked around on his computer but said he couldn't find anything and then asked if I still wanted to go through with it. I said yes, because there ain't no way a measly $100 will stop me from ditching the OG and getting the Nexus! So he went back to get the phone and brought up about 10 different accessories all of which are way overpriced! He wouldn't throw in any for free either.... :( But upon checkout, he noticed that there was a $100 bill credit that will be going on my account. So it appears that the $100 3 to 4G promotion worked and I will get my Nexus for $149!

Overall, I love it. I havent' had too much time to play with it as I was busy with projects all weekend. But I have taken several pictures and tested my 4G speed several times. Best result I had was 31000 kbps down....that was in a 2 bar area....normally it's between 10-14, which is still pretty amazing! I haven't had a problem with the battery life yet as I haven't used it that much. But going from the OG to the Nexus, it's a night and day difference. It's fun to play with and get used to, and it's amazingly quick and responsive. I love the screen and ICS. ICS is amazing and incredibly different than previous versions of Android.

I haven't rooted yet, not sure if i will or not. I did root my OG and had fun putting roms on there, but not sure I want to mess with the Nexus quite yet.

On that note, what are the pros and cons of rooting? Thanks!

grimley

Reaction score
got mine

my wife showing off her new nexus via video chat. I don't get to play with it for at least another hour cause I'm at work :icon_frown:

View attachment 44229