Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Post in here once you get your Motorola Droid RAZR and let us know your initial thoughts! :icon_ banana:

golfnrunr

Reaction score
Received and activated a few hours ago! Love everything about it so far! :icon_ banana:

Olmanrivah

Reaction score
Nice

Got mine and activated it. So far so good. Need to download my Apps, Contacts, Ringtones, etc. before I can really evaluate it.:icon_ lala:

hawaiianbrowneyez

Reaction score
Got mines in and so far, Im amazed. I like the fact that when I play music using motocast, it shows the lyrics. and I like the smartactions. P.S the camera is not a bad camera at all. I like it better than my previous phones(Droid 1, 2global, fascinate, droid x, and thunderbolt)

Pieman13

Reaction score
So far quite happy. Will need a full week to really get into it and she about my final thoughts. Initial thoughts as far as the construction goes are top notch. Feel really balanced and built to last ( I have 4 kids so I need that.) I'll bet this phone can take a licking. Yes I even did the water test. I plan on torturing my device as much as possible for the first 14 days.

savvynjguy

Reaction score
OK, got mine as well. Went from Droid X to this. So far, it's quick and feels good. I'm trying to give it a solid try before I go crazy with comments. So far so good.

ambrown

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that the screen has a blue tint to it when held at the slightest angle...not too big of a deal but kind of irritating.

View attachment 42421View attachment 42422

As far as bloatware, its about the same as the Bionic..with motoactv and something called smart actions added in. The keyboard is pretty awesome imo:
View attachment 42423

Honestly "blue tint" is more livable to me than the "green tint" on some Samsung phones.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

omster

Reaction score
First thing I did was lick my phone, as is a customary practice among Motorola users - and then full charge and activate.

So far, so great - I'm coming from an OG Droid :)

I'm concerned about the camera lens ... when you set this phone down (touch screen up), it looks like it's sitting on the lens/glass of the curved area... or seems to be... anyone else concerned?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea notice the off center blue tint. With my coming from LCD screens that were washed out when viewing off center, its nothing new to me to see something like this. Is nice to see it not washing out tho.

Initial thoughts:

Very thin. I like that. Had to turn off haptic feedback, just dont like it. Splash guard works. My DX1 needed a battery pull and wipe screen dry before I could use it again from the rain, my RAZR screen got wet while washing dishes and it kept working normally. Pentile is a non issue for MY viewing distances. At MY closest viewing distance I can see it, especially if I look for it, and its subtle. At the furthest? I cant see it. If the Bionic screen looks any where near like the RAZR's....Pentile issue is waaay overblown and preference. Some ppl make it like we are looking thru a screen door on the front or back porch. (I havent seen the Bionic's, DX2 and D3 screens yet) Speaker sounds louder than my DX1.

Verizon LTE is alot better in my area than T Mo. And once again Moto works better in bad reception areas than other phones. I actually think the RAZR is working better than my DX1, which has amazing reception. I havent dropped a call yet in my apt. using the RAZR.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Some ppl make it like we are looking thru a screen door on the front or back porch. (I havent seen the Bionic's, DX2 and D3 screens yet) Speaker sounds louder than my DX1.

Verizon LTE is alot better in my area than T Mo. And once again Moto works better in bad reception areas than other phones. I actually think the RAZR is working better than my DX1, which has amazing reception. I havent dropped a call yet in my apt. using the RAZR.

The Droid 3's screen is very usable, especially since it uses less power than some of the fancier screens. Great reception too.

Motorola makes the best phone hardware. It's just a fact. Everything else with the possible exception of Nokia is second rate. iPhone...lol...

Xil

Reaction score
I'm enjoying the phone. Coming from the og Droid... this is heaven.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums