OTA 6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.us

akiles

Reaction score
I believe so -same method described in the root thread.
or if you are already rooted, you can follow the steps in the 1st post and keep your rooting.
See here and follow links inside post:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/189504-just-updated-ota-got-root-back-easily.html

Does anyone know if root can be obtained after installing the OTA download ? I am currently rooted but was thinking of just allowing the OTA to install and re-rooting (if that's possible)...

gling

Reaction score
You, SIR are a fracking GENIUS!!!!!!!!!

It worked*!!!!!!!!!

1.- I extracted build.prop from nitro's deodexed stock rom
2.- replaced my existing build.prop with nitro's
3.- changed permissions to match original build.prop
4.- backed up root with voodoo and removed root (this voodoo thing reminds me of 3dFx video cards... Yes, I am THAT old)
5.- booted into moto recovery, installed zip from this post
6.- I forgot to wipe cache, you should do it here
7.- 1st boot took for ever!
8.- Regained root with voodoo

Please thank gling!

Note: this works for those of us with build.prop issues. For others getting apk messages, it may not be necessary to go thru the trouble of messing with build.prop. Not setting the correct permissions for this file (or modifying it's contents may screw up your phone royally.)

** By "it worked", I meant the zip flashed without errors.

No, thank you for having the cahonnies to be the first to try it and knowledge to do it right. Now I will use your instructions to try it with mine.
Will post results later (fingers crossed).

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
I've tried to find the system dump can someone post the link. I'm missing a few apk files. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

gling

Reaction score
Update:
I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER.
Thanks again to akiles for taking the plunge and trying my theory. I was hoping it might work but never would have tried it on my own in fear of bricking my phone with no way back (probably would have forgot to fix permissions). I used his instructions and I'm now updated and rooted also using voodoo.
Now let's hope it was all worth it.

Sent from my (updated & rooted) DROID RAZR using DroidForums

K

kbatrph

Gling,

I just looked at your comment again and realized I read what I wanted to and not what you actually posted so my comment below may not work but left it just in case it helps someone else

Just download the preinstall files no need to do the stock install unless you deleted many files . I was having the same problem and it worked great. Not sure of I needed it or not but I moved the download using Root Explorer $4 on market but has proven to be worthwhile for $4.

Hope it works for you!

when i try to download the "preinstall files", i download a single executable file....when i go to move it to the appropriate "KnowYourDevice" file, it never shows up there and i still get the error message when flashing....how do you just get rid of the safestrap crap and put the phone back to stock to accept the stupid OTA??? AND is the OTA worth going thru THIS MUCH trouble????

coletrane09

Reaction score
I tried and tried...read a post in this thread that said to replace build.prop with nitros...did that and downloaded update from settings about phone menu and update was a success!

spyder560

Reaction score
I was rooted. All i did was download the voodoo ota keeproot app and backed up my root. Afterwards I temporarily un-rooted and installed the ota update. After it rebooted I opened the ota rookeeper app and installed backed up root. Needless to say running the new update without a hitch and of course rooted. Also I unfroze all my apps in TB

Yep, did the same thing here and was successful, seemed a bit too easy.

dscblu

Reaction score
OK I've got a problem and can't figure it out ... I got the OTA yesterday but it fails about half way thru every time I never removed or froze any bloat only thing I did was installed safestrap and installed theorys razrx rom in the safe system when I heard about the ota i removed safestrap (just in case) and used voodoo to obtain temporary unroot but it fails every time .... anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Can someone post a link for nitros dump please

mbrookens

Reaction score
This is the error I receivedafter following the instructions in the post. Lost don’t know what to do, helpplease.
Assertfailed:apply_patch_check(“/system/app/BooksPhone.odex”,”b25782ece5ab38dd7304e56c4751579194dbdfb”,“e9660157584cf06338fd458e494053b9610a146a”)
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)

akiles

Reaction score
In this forum, under hacks, go to nitro's section. Download his stock rom (deodexed)

With a zip utility navigate into the zip to /system/ build.prop is the only file.

If you still have issues pm me and i'll post the file on box/sugarsync for you when i get back home in a couple of hrs.

Can someone post a link for nitros dump please

akiles

Reaction score
Get the file from the original system dump (us version) and push them to your phone. That may work.
Did you freeze google books?

This is the error I receivedafter following the instructions in the post. Lost don’t know what to do, helpplease.
Assertfailed:apply_patch_check(“/system/app/BooksPhone.odex”,”b25782ece5ab38dd7304e56c4751579194dbdfb”,“e9660157584cf06338fd458e494053b9610a146a”)
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)

akiles

Reaction score
Cereal Killer posted this in a diff. thread:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1406550
This is the system dump. May be useful in this thread as well.

mbrookens

Reaction score
I replace the booksphone.odex file and the install went further. Now it stop with a similar error I will try the same fix. Thanks you guys are great