OTA 6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.us

OP
konellaz

konellaz

Reaction score
Busted links? looks like the ... is part of the link lol Looking forward to trying this.

Something is blocking my links... tap talk, Droid forums, or Droidrzr.com.. trying from laptop now

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
konellaz

konellaz

Reaction score
Thanks, I googled nitro 744 stock and found it. Finally the update took! I've been trying everything for the past 3 days!

I hope everyone learns something from this. PLEASE FELLOW DRUIDS just change your bloat to .bak and if you insist on removing things write down where you took them from and place them in a secure file on a PC if possible.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I'm amazed at how people will remove files and apks when Sbf is not available or they have no idea how to Sbf ...no wonder we dont have root from Verizon ...

JaBr1884

Reaction score
You guys shouldn't assume quite so much. Half of us having problems probably did delete/move bloat, but all I did was rename using root explorer. I changed the names back just as others did, but something else must have affected my stock files. Maybe the webtop-without-dock mod is what put me off the OTA path since it replaced the file I had issues with. I replaced that file with the stock one (yes, I fixed permissions...), but the problem persisted.

The only thing that could have caused this issue for me was: rooting, RAZRbootstrap, webtop-without-dock hack, wireless tether sqlite change, bloat rename (none were deleated, and the file of issue was not touched).

Running mods from devs will always be a risk, but this is the first time since the OG that I had been bitten by one. I only rename bloat that has been reported by others as safe, and I'm never one of the first to run a new mod. I read all that is available before doing anything on my phone, especially since we don't have an FXZ file yet.

I'm sure it gets really tiresome for those who help on these forums, when they are flooded with people who rush into something they are not familiar with, or haven't read up on user experiences, but I was very careful and familiar with what I was doing. Unfortunately, that was not enough to avoid my first real negative experience with modding. Still, it adds to the frustration when those of us who prepare well experience a problem and are accused of running with scissors.

With that being said, I haven't experienced Nitro's work before the RAZR, and boy am I glad the community came together and got him one. What a stellar dev! And a huge thanks to those who have helped me and the others with this update process. It is greatly appreciated!

OP
konellaz

konellaz

Reaction score
Harsh as that sounds I think you nailed that one... No offense Druids, but come on we need to be so careful until there is an SBF.. Thank the Druid GODS we have a DEV genius like NITRO! YOUR THE MAN! There are so many more to thank, but he got right on this problem with the Stock 744 zip. Cant thank you enough.. I think I will go donate some more $$$ to DroidRzr.com to help get us another RAZR in the hands of another Kick A$$ DEV!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Cereal, you have over 9,000+ post and you can't help me with this little thing? Very dissapointing! j/k :icon_ banana:
I only modified a few entries -mainly memory management. I have the similar mods in my trusty DX and my iconia.

I don't want to bother one of the Architects of the Android Matrix :hail: for an issue it was caused by me being reckless with build.prop.

I appreciate the thought :)

Hahahaha yeah I know.....I know just enough to advise people don't go messing around in there unless you know what your doing. I've seen enough problems with that issue to last me a life time lol.

Sent from Droid RAZR

Snow02

Reaction score
Something is blocking my links... tap talk, Droid forums, or Droidrzr.com.. trying from laptop now

It's not just you. It's viglink acting up. I told them about this last week.

Baseballd2

Reaction score
i am getting the following error message:

assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/preinstall/KnowYourDevice/Motorola_XT912_BatterySave.3gp" , "5faf882a9f143c2e45a264aad9c067233a43be8b", "6bcc903965d9cd3862f5c5a5760e129d36b07cf5")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
I am getting this too and I don't understand. All I ever did was freeze some bloatware, never deleted or even changed the apk name. Why would the guided tours be messed up?

EDIT: Solved my problem by restoring to my first backup ever made and unfreezing bloatware on that one.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Got the update in, but not after tapping a system dump for a 'correct' version of some files it was looking for. Never took anything off, although I did integrate some updated apps into the "ROM. Could be why I was missing some odes files. I did lose root, sort of, and now a couple of FC errors. Eh, simple reroot when I get home and a little TiBu restore action and I'll be good as new. I have noticed satellite radio doesn't drop nearly as often...or at all now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

kb3awq

Reaction score
I either must be missing something or its not working. When I do the OTA update I got tonight I get update failed and when I do it the recovery way I get the error 7. I am not remembering if I deleted anything the night I got the phone but I did have some things frosted that I unfrosted and temp. unrooted. I tried to do the other thing mentioned but it said overwrote or skip so I didnt see what I should do there if it was asking me to overwrite (if it wanted to overwrite my guess is it was showing even though it said nothing was there). Gosh on my Orig droid I flashed and did stuff all the time and never had a issue putting a rom on, I feel dumb now.

So I take it I wont get ICS until this is squared away?

How to manually update your Razr and keep root with no PC involved.

1st Download Official OTA here and place on SDcard-ext. (Modified)

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

2. Download and instal Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from market free.

https://market.andro...o.otarootkeeper

3. With OTA Rootkeeper open choose protect root

4. In OTA Rootkeeper Click temp. Unroot (keeps backup)

5. Reboot into Moto recovery (if you don't know how you should not be doing this )

6. Update from SD

7. Once phone is rebooted open voodoo and restore SU

My lte seems better I'm in a brick building

*******you must have all bloat intact********

****DO NOT REMOVE SAFESTRAP

****YOU DON'T NEED TOO

IF YOU INSIST ON REMOVING HASHCODE'S SAFESTRAP.....

****ALWAYS REMOVE SAFESTRAP WITHIN THE RECOVERY MENU (in your app drawer)

★★★★★★Attention★★★★★★

If your update is failing please try this......

The forums are blocking my links.... This process has worked for many getting errors. Error 7 in particular.

Does this link work ?

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/253-ota-611748xt912verizonenus/page__p__2020#entry2020
Located at bottom of OP

mobalized

Reaction score
Kb3 i'm in the exact same boat as you. I was rooted, froze apps via changing file extension, un froze, un rooted, installed OTA update and failed

GarauR

Reaction score
Mine keeps failing, i have tried everything, even tried to rename to update.zip, keep getting an error 6, any suggestions?