★ The Official "I got my Droid RAZR Thread" ★

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Got it today from Costco, its a nice phone and is a breath of fresh air after the OG, but it has so much Bloatware its ridiculous. Apps and games that i know i would never use. Just my two cents, its a nice phone and the build quality is outstanding... but i might just keep it to hold me over until the Nexus comes along. I'm pretty sure i will return it to get the Gnex..

bullswife98

Reaction score
Held one at Best Buy, and compared to the Thunderbolt, all I have to say is D**N... but I can't root it, tho I was very tempted lol... hope y'all enjoy your new toy!

Root has been established on the Razr. Its under hacks. There is two ways actually. Which is awesome btw, sooo goood-bye bloatware!! I will eventually root the Razr when I get my it but waiting on ICS to drop on this baby first.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Benjamin

Reaction score
Picked up my RAZR today! Upgrade from the OG Droid and let me tell you, what a difference. I might still bring it back 13 days from now and wait for the Nexus Prime. The bloatware is a bit much, but they do allow you to uninstall a fair amount of it, and that which you can't uninstall can be easily hidden from the app drawer, so its really not that big an issue in the end.

I will say that I managed to drain the battery in less than 4 hours though, which makes me extremely nervous.

bullswife98

Reaction score
Picked up my RAZR today! Upgrade from the OG Droid and let me tell you, what a difference. I might still bring it back 13 days from now and wait for the Nexus Prime. The bloatware is a bit much, but they do allow you to uninstall a fair amount of it, and that which you can't uninstall can be easily hidden from the app drawer, so its really not that big an issue in the end.

I will say that I managed to drain the battery in less than 4 hours though, which makes me extremely nervous.

Need to give the OS a chance to learn the battery. You'll need to calibrate it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
All of you with new RAZRs should return the phone and say that you're not going to put up with the uninstallable bloatware.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
For the first day I know have been playing with it a lot but the battery so far reminds me of when I first got the thunderbolt eeek.. I think and hope it will get better

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
So how does the nonremovable battery work? Is there a way to force shutdown? Like holding the power button for 10 seconds on a computer? This is my biggest concern because even the best new phones may need a forced shutdown occasionally (badly programmed app, possible issues with updates in the future, and anything with rooting and roms)

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Power and volume down for ten seconds forces reboot I just tested it.

Deron

Reaction score
Got mine in the mail on the 10th and activated it at 12:30 am on the 11th. Been using it on and off all day. Starting the battery tests now and will make a post showing how the battery compares to that of my Droid X. It'll take me a few days to compile the data.

So far I really like the phone. It takes a bit getting used to holding it. But other than that, it is like a faster version of the Droid X with more RAM and memory storage.

Deron

Reaction score
There is no recessed reset button

Just in case anyone tries this, please note that there appears to be no recessed button which you can stick a paperclip into to do a hard reset of the battery. Someone saw a demo in the Verizon store and posted in another thread that there appears to be a recessed reset switch on the lower part of the back of the phone. That little hole is the microphone to pick up sound for recording video. Please do not stick a paperclip in that little hole ....

Can someone give me a "That's what she said", please?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Power and volume down for ten seconds forces reboot I just tested it.

Well lets just hope that it would work even if the phone completely freezes, this is the main problem I forsee with this phone in that case you'd be stuck until the battery died

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

Smeech

Reaction score
I bought my girlfriend a RAZR for her birthday. That counts, it's my family share line! ;)

It's a cool phone!!

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Well lets just hope that it would work even if the phone completely freezes, this is the main problem I forsee with this phone in that case you'd be stuck until the battery died

I've read that this can happen on the iPhone. I'd be a little surprised if Moto were as incompetent.

brandon9559

Reaction score
I've read that this can happen on the iPhone. I'd be a little surprised if Moto were as incompetent.

When an iPhone freezes you hold the home button + power until it reboots. Never seen one frozen that this method did not fix. I would assume the razr would be just as effective.