★ The Official "I got my Droid RAZR Thread" ★

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
bostonbassman78 said:
Agreed they both are great phones but honestly moto is better just hate having a locked boot loader with the Gnex I can put any custom ROM on it and be able to revert back to stock without issues

I've never unlocked a phone, but if I get the Gnex I definitely will unlock it. As of right now, I see no reason to run custom ROMs on the RAZR, other than maybe a better build of ICS that doesn't cause me to lose data connectivity every three seconds.

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with ICS

bobbyp

Reaction score
I just got my RAZR yesterday. I am coming over from a BIONIC that I absolutely loved but just didn't have it in me to spend the money to fix when VZW was willing to put me in a CPO RAZR for for nothing. My BIONIC was rooted and I like to use safe strap to play with roms but never found one to be my daily driver. I loved the ICS leaks and used them. I really can't see much different with the RAZR OS yet but I haven't looked too hard yet.

dveenhuis

Reaction score
Just got my Razr today. It is also my first smartphone. Any tips on websites that will speed up the process in learning how to use it?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Just got my Razr today. It is also my first smartphone. Any tips on websites that will speed up the process in learning how to use it?

Welcome to Droid Forums and the Android family!! No need to look any further, you have found the ONLY site you need. Just take a look around, ask questions, and enjoy!!

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

kevins686

Reaction score
Got my Razr Maxx on Wednesday, 8/22. So far, this has turned out to be the best phone I've ever put my hands on, bar none. It's been off the charger for over 15 hours so far, and with the light use it's seen today, the battery is still showing at 80%. Coming to this phone from the HTC Thunderbolt, this is almost unimaginable for me. It's the first Motorola phone I've had since the original Droid in 2010, and if the phenomenal performance I've gotten so far keeps up, I'll never own anything other than Motorola again.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
dveenhuis said:

Welcome to DroidForums dveenhuis! Explore through the threads. You will find lots of helpful information. When you have a question, feel free to ask. Its a great community with lots of people happy to help. And when you discover something, feel free to share. Believe or not, you will discover some things that us veterans have overlooked. I still learn something new on here everyday... and many times it is from someone brand new to Android. Dig in and enjoy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

RoWilJr

Reaction score
Been on the RAZR for a month now (coming from the Thunderbolt) and what.a.difference!
Awesome phone so far...:icon_ banana:

bosshog85

Reaction score
Loving it so far. Has a lot better battery life than my D4 was with 4.0.4 ICS on it.

Mer2112

Reaction score
This is the way a phone should be. I'm coming from a Droid Bionic that was plagued with data "issues".....

Nothing bad to say about my RAZR MAXX.

bosshog85

Reaction score
The Bionic was supposed to get ICS... but I've been hearing of Moto stalling in getting one out. Sorry Bionic users =|

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

rodgeman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge
Got my RAZR last night. Upgraded to ICS last night. I love it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Congratulations on your new phone rodgeman and welcome to Droid Forums! The Razr is an awesome phone.

nolan533

Reaction score
I got my RAZR about 10 days ago. It was a replacement for my Bionic that I had 3 of.
So far I like this phone its faster and more stable than the bionic I had but the battery life sucks.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
nolan533 said:
I got my RAZR about 10 days ago. It was a replacement for my Bionic that I had 3 of.
So far I like this phone its faster and more stable than the bionic I had but the battery life sucks.

Nolan, check to make sure it is not on global data. Go to settings --->more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA.

In Smart Actions, enable battery extender. It will turn off Wi-Fi, data, and sync when your screen is off and automatically turn it all back on when you unlock your screen (Wi-Fi, data and sync use a lot of battery...no reason to have it running when you are not using your phone).

Do a battery meter training:
*with phone powered off, charge it to 100% (you can check the % of charge by pressing the volume button).
*When it reaches, turn phone on, unplug, use your phone without charging it until it gets to the low battery warning (10-15% charge).
*Turn phone off and charge it while off until it reaches 100% again.
*Turn phone on and use it and charge it as you normally would.

Those three things should help your battery allot.

nolan533

Reaction score
Thanks Tis
Just turning off global helped allot. I will do the Battery calibration today
I finish my 8 hour with 43% remaining. Up until tonight my RAZR would have been at 10 to 20% by hour 6.
I think I am going to really enjoy my RAZR now.
Thank you so much.

Last edited: