The Official DF Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can picture it now... "Man assaults car because he slept through Galaxy Nexus release" Police have taken ilikemoneygreen into custody today after he allegedly assaulted his car because he slept through the Galaxy Nexus launch at Verizon. He was charged with vehicular vandalism, breach of peace and resisting arrest. Bail is set for $5,000.
Lol, makin the news. I like it. Maybe get a pathetic point and theys throw me a bone. :)

Sent from a bubble gum factory because im all out of gum.

prowler85

Reaction score
Has anyone bought one at Costco? Curious to know what their deal is before I go straight to the VZ store.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Dang this line is growing fast. 5 people in 3min....play-by-play fellers

Sent from Droid Incredible via Droidforums app

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally made it back to work with a Nexus in my hand!!! Rundown of how it happened:

8:25 - Pulled up in the parking lot, only one there.
8:35 - Second car rolls up
8:45 - Now 4 cars waiting in the parking lot
8:50 - They opened the doors, I get out and could be first to the door but allow the two older folks in first while holding the door for them
8:51 - First guy in is making an exchange and the second person is debating on a bionic or razr (wtf??)
8:55 - There are 3 employees in the store, but apparently only one is allowed to do upgrades (he is with the first guy), one can do exchanges (he is with the guy that came in behind me who is swapping his razr for a nexus), and one just walks around in a suit lookin cool (who tells me they have at least 50 units in stock).
9:05 - Reinforcements show up to work the other register, sell the lady a bionic (my palm almost met my face at that moment).
9:30 - Fist guy is finally done and it is my turn.
9:31 - I ask if I can self upgrade and get shot down.
9:32 - I ask if I can use the $100 promo for going to a 4G and get shot down even though it had been noted on my account that I was eligible for it because "she misread the map".
9:33 - I contemplate walking across the street to best buy and just doing it there but then envision a massive line and limited stock and ending up without a phone.
9:44 - There are about 20 people in the store, probably 15 of which are waiting to by a Nexus and another 2 Reps show up for work and I'm pretty sure they called another 1 or 2 in.
9:45 - Walk out of the store with a brand new nexus that has already been violated by the VZW guy, but I don't care, I'll be that "rebound-guy-that-turns-permanent" for my sexi-nexi

Oh, and had a nice little talk with the "man in the suit lookin cool"... he was really interested in setting up a system for that store where they have a "VIP" club that just requires an e-mail address and phone number and any time they had a new device forthcoming they would contact everyone in the club with something along the lines of "We will be meeting at "such-and-such" restaurant on Monday if you would like a "first look" at the new whateverphone. Attending this event would also automatically qualify you to enter the store an hour early on launch day of the device and first dibs. I like this guy's style, curious to see if it ever happens.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Coffee and a smoke foir breakfast, then I'm off to Verizon.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
To whom this may concern, I've updated my unlock and root method here. I've verified personally that this method works. Unlocked and rooted within 5 minutes.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Was the first one at my local store to snag one :) Much to my surprise the guy threw in a 3 pack of screen protectors for FREE - which is the only way I'd get screen protectors from VZW cuz theirs SUCK LOL ... BUT, even better then screen protectors he also threw in the Spare Battery Charging Kit FOR FREE as well!! So, no I have a (kinda dock) AND an extra battery that I can charge separately!!! Big score in my book:) This kit is sweet cuz it comes with a charging "splitter" so you can charge the extra battery AND the phone at the same time!! Very handy!

View attachment 43899

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Was the first one at my local store to snag one :) Much to my surprise the guy threw in a 3 pack of screen protectors for FREE - which is the only way I'd get screen protectors from VZW cuz theirs SUCK LOL ... BUT, even better then screen protectors he also threw in the Spare Battery Charging Kit FOR FREE as well!! So, no I have a (kinda dock) AND an extra battery that I can charge separately!!! Big score in my book:) This kit is sweet cuz it comes with a charging "splitter" so you can charge the extra battery AND the phone at the same time!! Very handy!

View attachment 43899

Nice. Wonder if I'll get hooked up with some cheap screen protectors before my sgp ones come.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Rep just came out and updated. 4 people in first at 9....almost...

kdroyd

Reaction score
So glad everyone is getting their nexus :).unfortunately all my pleading to the to csr didn't work and I must wait till February which is forever from now.so sad :(

Nexus or bust

One positive....the price should be lower by then... :D

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
5th in line. There's about 12 people now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Panther1911

Reaction score
just got the ok from my boss, that i can leave after lunch

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
So glad everyone is getting their nexus :).unfortunately all my pleading to the to csr didn't work and I must wait till February which is forever from now.so sad :(

Nexus or bust

Yea but the Nexus Galaxy 9 might be out by then :p

Status
Not open for further replies.