Official Ice Cream Sandwich/Galaxy Nexus Unveiling Thread

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, it would only be OC'ing at 1.6. The Chip is actually 1.5 and the 1.2 on it stock is actually UC'ed from what I understand.

So in theory the battery life should be a bit better. I honestly think it's going to be plenty fast to run ICS just running it out of box at the 1.2ghz dual core. We shall see though.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no particular details as why, just going with the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" ..

Unfortunately, the brain in some people (seems like mostly engineers, but not all) had a couple wires cross that modify that statement to "if it ain't broke, take it apart... then fix it and after that if it still ain't broke, it don't have enough features...."

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will be very interesting to see how the OEM's handle their skins with ICS. How is Sense, TouchWiz and Blur all going to look and work with it.

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's an image from the teaser that clearly shows Verizon Wireless on the Nexus.

Screen-Shot-2011-10-18-at-11.33.09-PM.png

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
So in theory the battery life should be a bit better. I honestly think it's going to be plenty fast to run ICS just running it out of box at the 1.2ghz dual core. We shall see though.

Plenty fast for who?! I'm a quad core pc guy and I have my cpu oc'd, my ram oc'd and my graphics card oc'd! Let me at it!! :icon_ lala:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Plenty fast for who?! I'm a quad core pc guy and I have my cpu oc'd, my ram oc'd and my graphics card oc'd! Let me at it!! :icon_ lala:

Can't wait for the aftermarket mobile liquid cooling rigs that you come up with! hahaha

patriot95

Reaction score
You can always tamper with products. The sign of a great product, though, is the ability for it to come out of the box and not need you to do so. I'm hoping that the 1750 battery can hold up. I hope the OS is truly optimized for multiple cores and that improves the life. The GSII has a 1800 battery correct? That is a bigger battery and a smaller screen on a device that I believe STILL doesn't have the battery life I want (plus it's not running on LTE). The main thing I want to hear is the battery life. Hours and minutes with video looped playback. Come on tech sites... let me have it!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can always tamper with products. The sign of a great product, though, is the ability for it to come out of the box and not need you to do so. I'm hoping that the 1750 battery can hold up. I hope the OS is truly optimized for multiple cores and that improves the life. The GSII has a 1800 battery correct? That is a bigger battery and a smaller screen on a device that I believe STILL doesn't have the battery life I want (plus it's not running on LTE). The main thing I want to hear is the battery life. Hours and minutes with video looped playback. Come on tech sites... let me have it!

I have read so many articles, I don't know what came form where... but someone made the connection that the LTE phone will be thicker than what was announced last night. It is possible that part of this thickness increase is for a bigger battery as well as for the LTE chip.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have read so many articles, I don't know what came form where... but someone made the connection that the LTE phone will be thicker than what was announced last night. It is possible that part of this thickness increase is for a bigger battery as well as for the LTE chip.
Yeah Samsung confirmed it will be thicker but they didn't say by how much. Maybe the LTE variant will come with the rumored 1800mAh battery that was rumored...who knows.