White Galaxy Nexus

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well looks like it's officially out and Engadget got their hands on it. Yeah I know how some of us feel about white phones, but hey they give us a good look. Doesn't look as tacky as I thought it would. What do y'all think? Think this could mean more colors coming to Verizon? (Long shot, but fun to think about)

White Galaxy Nexus hands-on: a taste of vanilla-flavored Ice Cream Sandwich (video) -- Engadget

A
nd straight to the gallery: http://www.engadget.com/photos/white-galaxy-nexus-hspa-overview/#4814333

(
Searched and didn't find any post about it in here or News section)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Colors would be cool to an extent - I say that and I don't think I would buy something other than the standard gray/black...if you buy a color then you feel guilty about covering it with a case LOL ;)...

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd rather buy the white case that Droid-Life reviewed a little while back. I think it personally looks even a little better.

And lol at the video, "It just has "Google" on the back, the way it should be unlike the fake branded Verizon version.".
-Lol, be quiet. Of course Verizon's going to want to brand it in at least some way. It's Verizon. Not an HSPA+ version that can be used on 50different carriers. It's still very minimal and still a Nexus phone. "Verizon 4g LTE" is just replacing Google.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Having a little convo with yourself there Ben?:D

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I still think it looks cool. Something about things be a little different I just like :biggrin:

tadow213m

Reaction score
I think it looks 10 times better than the dull original gray, i really hope this comes to verizon. So tired of att & tmobile getting all the good looking devices....:mad:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look bad, don't know if I like the slick look though. Seems like it might feel a bit cheaper than the original.

I actually agree with not making the front have any white on it, the black face is what makes the Nexus such a beauty.

Edit: My mistake, thought the back plate didn't have the little grip bumps on it like the regular one, but it does, that's the reason I thought it would feel cheaper. Although the sides do look a lot "slicker" with the white coating they've used.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The only comparison I can make it terms of white vs black/dark grey is using my ps3 controllers. The white controller looks nice, but it does feel a bit different, like a different plastic was used. It doesn't feel cheap by any means, but you do notice a difference in feel. I have a feeling this may be the same case with this white Nexus.

seventwozero

Reaction score
pass :icon_eek:

the GN looks cheap enough in black.

I don't really "get" these sort of comments. Just because the GN doesn't have some chrome bezel doodads and whatnot it looks cheap? I personally find the clean look of the phone quite pleasing to the eye.

As for white, I'll pass. Although I would jump on a true black color instead of the grey.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would like to be able to have interchangeable back battery covers. Could I get a white (or blue, or black, or red, or whatever) battery cover to use on my grey Nex?

tadow213m

Reaction score
If the original was a true black I'd probably take that over the white but there's something about the gray that just isn't appealing.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using DroidForums

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If the original was a true black I'd probably take that over the white but there's something about the gray that just isn't appealing.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using DroidForums
True black would've been nice but the dark grey is something a little different. Alot of the Droids are black all around so was nice to see. I actually would've like to see the lighter grey like on the GSM version.