The Official DF Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Come one, Come all!!

From hence forth, let this be known as the place to bring your rumors (good or bad), thoughts, questions, opinions, hopes, dreams and fears concerning the impending release of the Galaxy Nexus.

This thread is intended to pick up right where we left off in this thread and continue right up until we move into the the "I've got the Galaxy Nexus in my Hands!" thread.

Please remember to try and keep it as positive as possible and to express your thoughts about the device and not each other!!

Updated: As time has worn on and many of us have become disheartened by delays, misinformation much less a total lack of information, the thread grew wildly off topic. In an effort to keep a place where people can come to discuss the G-Nex and not have to wade through everything else, a new thread has been created for off-topic discussion, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...ff-topic-galaxy-nexus-pre-release-thread.html. If you are intereted in skipping past all the fluff of this thread and getting back on topic, skip straight to this post: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...nexus-pre-release-thread-122.html#post1904148

Last edited:
OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems like the running thoughts are Nov 21st, Nov 25th, Nov 28th, Beginning of December, Middle of December.... so yeah. Haha.

akaskoot

Reaction score
I`m hoping to have mine somewhere between now and Christmas.......of 2015!!!! :icon_evil:

???

Reaction score
i'm ready to drive to costco and buy this phone already...

man, all this waiting while being off contract is killing me.

oh and anyone know anymore info about that 500$ full retail price yet?

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I`m hoping to have mine somewhere between now and Christmas.......of 2015!!!! :icon_evil:

Hopefully we will be on the Nexus that introduces "Android 8.0 Milk Chocolate" and has the first HPD "Holographic Projection Display"!!

screaminz2002

Reaction score
I was really really expecting Verizon to announce a date today. It was just one of those gut feelings since it was released across the pond and people spammed their site. What a bummer to take a back seat to AT&T/T-Mobile after supposedly getting the exclusive release?

On a side note I am sooo sick of robot commercials.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was really really expecting Verizon to announce a date today. It was just one of those gut feelings since it was released across the pond and people spammed their site. What a bummer to take a back seat to AT&T/T-Mobile after supposedly getting the exclusive release?

On a side note I am sooo sick of robot commercials.

Be patient, the day is still young...

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
On a related note, I went to Costco last night to ask about release dates and the two guys working there had no idea what the Nexus was. Arg, killing me. Anyway, I gave them my Nexus 101 course and they were jacked by the end.

Google did their part, come on Verizon, do yours!

Diab210

Reaction score
Waiting for this phone is physically painful. Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of rumored "testing" to end on day for the nexus? Maybe it'll end midday and if everything went well they'll announce a release for Monday.

pchakmak

Reaction score
Geez. Thanks for creating ANOTHER thread for me to keep up with. I've got like 10 tabs open on Firefox....:icon_eek:

screaminz2002

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone works for Verizon and how much notice do you get that something is being shipped to the store?

Status
Not open for further replies.